44

Kira

Driving back from the TiLLie meeting and rehearsal, I looked down at my hand. It's been a month since he asked me to marry him, but I was still not used to the feeling of coming home to him and him asking how his fiance's day was.

We hadn't planned anything at all, but he was certain he wanted to have a wedding. Every time he would say something like that, I would laugh. I was close to wanting to elope, not being much of a planner, but our families would really be upset with that.

I pulled into our driveway behind Calum's truck. I sighed, coming inside to find he wasn't in the living room. "Calum?" I called. I didn't hear anything. "Cal!" I called again.

"In here!" He called in return.

"We live in a big house, Calum. Calling 'in here!' tells me nothing!" I shouted. I followed the sound of him laughing into the kitchen. His laugh was still the most beautiful sound he could make, and I've heard him moan out my name.

I walk in and see him sitting at the table, where a candle was lit in the middle. "Oh, are you going to declare your love for me again?" I ask, referring to when he made a special dinner for me to tell me how much he loved me, for the first time.

"Happy Anniversary, my love." He says, standing to greet me. He presses a kiss to the side of my mouth.

"Happy Anniversary, Calum." I respond, hugging him.

"How was your meeting and rehearsal?"

"I don't want to leave for tour yet, but I'm very excited about this one." I answered, sitting down.

"As soon as you get back, we're going to a wedding planner, okay? I can't wait to get married to you."

"Sorry, but you'll have to wait a bit longer." I teased.

"And why is that?" He joked.

"Because I want to give you more time before you figure out that you deserve better." I shrugged, telling him how I felt sometimes. "I mean, you want someone affectionate who lets you take care of them and.."

"Who said that? I want you, my love. This is why I asked you to marry me and not someone else, Kira. A shame how you still feel insecure sometimes. You show your affection in your own ways, baby. You know I love you for you. I'm very happy with you. We're perfect for each other, because even when you really piss me off and frustrate me, I still love you. Always will, Kira."

"I'm very, very happy with you too, Cal. I'm glad you want to marry me. Thank you for putting up with my complete bullshit for a whole year."

"And many, many more to come." He says, making my plate as he stood still in front of me.

"I'll have a kiss too." I say when he leans over to pour my wine.

"Mmm, really? Are you sure?"

"If I ever deny you a kiss, I want you to check me into a hospital, because something would be wrong with me." I chuckled. He leaned down, pressing his lips to mine.

When he sat back down, he asked, "So, you're touring with the guys I had met before? The ones that got you to crowd surf to?"

"Yeah," I smiled, "Trust me, no reason to get jealous over them. I'll call every night, I'll only get drunk on the first and last night of tour, and now that we have a bus, you can come and visit, since Matt will come once or twice."

"Can I make you come once or twice?" He smirked.

"Three times in one escapade. No more dirty talk, you're such a boy." I say, making Calum giggle again.