36

Calum

Since Kira was sick when we had a reservation somewhere nice, I decided to do something nicer than sitting in a restaurant. She was sitting in the passenger side of my truck with a blindfold on. "Where are we going?" She asked for the thousandth time. She had on her cute long sleeved TiLLie shirt that read 'girls just wanna have fun!' with hers and Grace's faces on it.

"I'm not going to tell you, quit asking." I sang. She huffed, so I reached over and put my hand in her lap. She held it with both of her hands. I grinned as she tried to see out of the bottom of her blindfold. "Stop that." I looked back in the rear view mirror to see Luke following us like I asked.

"But Calum," She whined.

"No." I say assertively, pulling up to our destination. I pulled the truck in backwards. "Stay here." I pat her leg before hopping out and going into the back seat. I grabbed the blankets out of there, and say hello to Luke.

"Does she have any idea?" Luke asked, in a hushed tone so she wouldn't hear us. I handed him a blanket, and we laid it out in the bed of the truck.

"She's oblivious." I grinned. We laid out two more blankets and then the pillows.

"Are you anxious?"

"Completely." I sighed. Ace was at home, otherwise I bet he would flag me. Luke grabbed the food from his car, and set it out along with the lamp. "Thank you so much man, I can't thank you enough." I gave him a huge hug. He smiled and patted my shoulder.

"Good luck, man." He says. I light the lamp, and set up the food before going over to get Kira out of the truck. She had an impatient look on her face, so I kissed her.

"I smell the ocean." She says giddily.

"Sorry to let you down." I fib.

"Then why can I hear the waves?" She put a finger on her nose. I unbuckled her seat belt and lifted her up out of the truck. She giggles as I carry her and set her in the back of the truck on a pillow. "Cal, what are we doing?" She asked.

I  get into the truck and sit on the other side of her. I reach over, and kiss her for a minute as she was blindfolded, and I took it off of her. When I pulled away, her eyes looked over at the truck, and the ocean in front of us. "It's beautiful." She hummed. She loved the beach. I once saw in my Timeline that she liked a tweet where there was something like this. I know she wanted to do it, but she never said so.

"Do you like it?" I ask her. She nodded, and then looked over at me. She looked truly beautiful in this lighting. She leaned over and kissed me again. A soft and gentle one.

"Luke brought us some food." I tell her.

"When did he come by?" Her eyebrows scrunched up.

"Oh, you know. While you were in the cab of the truck. He helped me set things up."

"Why didn't he stay and say hello?"

"Because it'a our important romantic evening." 

"Why's it so important?"

"Because I wanted to spend a romantic evening with you. I wanted this one to be special." I looked over at her expectantly. She had no idea or she had been playing silly.

"Ten months together. Amazing that you've put up with me." She didn't look at me, keeping her eyes on the ocean.

"I think it's brilliant that you've stayed with me all this time, too." I chuckled, reaching for our food. I put her take away box in her lap, and she smiled over at me. She took a bite of her pasta from Olive Garden, and looked over at me kindly, and thanked me.