38

Kira

I thought I would go over to my sisters, but then I realized that I always ran. I also don't support or like thanksgiving, except for spending time with my family. The reasoning behind the holiday was stupid, though. I stayed in my bed all day, not wanting to get out of bed. I have to work double shifts on Black Friday, I needed my rest.

Calum thought I was gone, so he didn't try to come by. He didn't text or call, but honestly? I didn't expect him to. I sat on my couch with a book and Weezer CD's pumping through my stereo softly.

"The Perks Of Being A Wallflower" is one of my favorite books, and I sat reading it. I heard a knock on my front door, so I stood up and looked through the peep hole. Michael stood there, and before I could decide whether I wanted to open the door or not, he knocked again and said, "Kira. I know you're in there. Your jeep's out front, and I can hear your stereo."

Damn it.

I opened the door, "Why are you here?" I asked him. He pushed me aside and came in, and I rolled my eyes. Barbaric man.

"I know he's being a complete ass right now, but you love him. Go back to him, please." He tried to be nice.

"I don't want to be around him, right now. What he said was wrong." I rested my hands on my hips before rolling my eyes and stepping into the kitchen part of my apartment, pouring myself some coffee. I offered him some, and he declined.

"You avoid him every time you guys have a fight. You fall off of the face of the earth as far as he knows, because you get pissed, but when he called Austin to see if you got to your sisters safely, Austin said you never showed. Calum got scared. Why do you run, or lie about it? Can't you just try and work it out?" He asked.

"Who are you to barge into my home, and snap at me, when I didn't do anything wrong?" I snapped. "Michael, I love Calum, I do, but he's being a dumb ass. He got jealous, and called me a whore, just because we went out with my friends."

"Did you even try to console him? Every time he gets jealous, you just get pissed and ignore him. I don't know how he does it."

"Excuse me? What do you suggest I do then, when he gets jealous over nothing?" I put emphasis on nothing. "Even if he had a reason to get jealous, there's still no reason for it."

"Every body gets jealous over something, and he gets jealous when you don't pay him any mind when other men are flirting with you." He looked extremely intimidating when he was pissed, but I wasn't by any means, scared of a man who acts like a kitten when he isn't pissed.

"I don't pay them any mind either, and what Cal thinks is flirting, is being nice." I sighed. Michael and I weren't screaming, but I was just as annoyed with him as he was of me. "I don't understand jealousy."

"So you're saying you haven't been jealous over something enough to get as pissed as he was? Where all you can focus on is that one thing and how much it infuriated you and pulled you into blind rage?" As he talked, I took a sip of my coffee.

"Not since I was a freshman in high school." I respond. "It's a stupid emotion that makes you do stupid things." I remember the time I got jealous over a friend dating who I had a big crush on, so I did something completely juvenile to get her back. I promised myself I wouldn't get jealous anymore.

"Well, when you did that, did you see any of the good things around you?" He asked.

"That was seven years ago. I don't know."

"Then I'll give you your answer, you did, and all it would have taken to get you to calm down had been a few assuring words." He stated, his voice was it's normal kitten-like sound again. "Instead of arguing with him, even though it is a stupid emotion, you could just assure him."