Chapter 41 ○ Discussion

Grace, Bruce, and Alfred went inside the mansion and sat down in the grand kitchen. Grace admired how little had changed about the place ever since she was gone. The ceiling fixtures were still the same, the small cobweb in the corner of the cabinets was untouched. One thing was new however. It was a frame, and it had a picture of Bruce and Grace at the Wayne Enterprises charity event. 

Bruce ignored Alfred when he was asked about if he wanted one or two cubes of sugar. He was endlessly staring at Grace with a big grin on his face. "What are you looking at, Bruce?" He quickly switched his view to the wall behind her. "Oh- uh, I love what you did with this wall Alfred!" The butler gave Bruce a confused look. "Master Bruce, that wall has been there ever since you were born, even before that. I never touched that wall." 

Bruce sighed and grabbed the tea cup off of the counter. "Can you just tell me one more time about how you-" Grace interrupted swiftly. "I already told you three times." Alfred sat down and looked directly at Bruce. "Sir, if I may interject, you have absolutely no idea what Miss Grayson has actually gone through. If you have any respect at all, you  would've listened the first time she told you." 

"It's fine Alfred, don't worry about it." Grace looked blankly down at her cup of tea and noticed something strange. As she was tapping her finger lightly on the side of the cup, the tea inside started to shake. "I-will you uh- excuse me for a few minutes?" Alfred looked at Grace with a glare of concern. "Is everything alright? You look quite pale." 

"Yeah- I just need a few minutes." Grace walked over toward the hallway. It was hard to navigate the Wayne mansion. It was almost like a maze. If you took one wrong turn, it would mess you up for the rest of the journey. She finally made her way into one the bathrooms and slammed the door. She flinched at the movement because she didn't even mean to do what she did.

Grace found herself staring at the bathroom sink uncontrollably. She looked up at the mirror. It was surrounded by gold and small diamond embellishments. She finally saw herself in the mirror. Her eyes were glowing a slight green, but she could still see her natural eye color underneath. 

She looked closer and saw a hand from the corner of her eye. There was a sliver of a green suit sleeve in view. Her eyes traveled up slower, and it revealed more of the arm. Slowly, she got to the elbow, then to the shoulder. She saw the face of the person. The features seemed very familiar. The chin was the first thing to be noticed. Then she saw something absolutely horrifying. The glasses of Edward Nygma. 

"Well, well, well. Look who it is."

There was a long pause and a deep breathe came from Grace. She was in shock. 

"This is not happening right now." 

A/N

Hey, sorry for the short chapter! This will sort of be a two part chapter so the next chapter will be a continuation of this. Sorry for being gone for so long. Creativity is kind of hard to find sometimes. Also, I wanted to focus on a few projects for school. I will have a whole week off starting April 2nd, so expect more updates.