Chapter 14 ○ Friendship

Grace's POV

Bruce Wayne invited me to a Wayne Enterprises charity event, which is something I had never gone to. If I had gone, it would be to accompany Commissioner Essen. I was never invited to go by myself. I decided to buy a new dress, something that would fit what everyone else was wearing. I bought a long black dress with an open back. It was perfect for an occasion like this. I wore black heels like I usually do. I left my hair down and put on light makeup. Bruce Wayne was so generous to invite me like this, I would love to get to know him more and help him. 

Bruce had paid for a limo to drive me to the venue, so I gratefully accepted. The outside of the building was beautifully decorated, and the inside was even more beautiful. There were flowers of all kinds, along with banners and elegantly dressed rich people. I wasn't rich, but I still felt like I matched with my outfit. I saw Bruce and the man who retrieved him back at the crime scene.

"Hello Bruce, thank you for inviting me. Who is this may I ask?" The man looked over at me with a grin. "I'm Alfred Pennyworth, Master Bruce's butler. You are Grace I assume, Master Bruce has been talking about you all week." His strong accent was still prominent, and he held Bruce tight next to him, and Bruce was trying to shimmy a bit. 

"You look very nice Miss Grayson." I smiled widely at Bruce and we walked around a bit. The three of us were conversing for a bit before we met Molly Mathis. She was a member of the board of directors for Wayne Enterprises. Bruce talked to Molly while Alfred and I talked about Bruce and how good of a child he is. "He is really well behaved for his age. His parents did a fantastic job, and they hired the best as well." He chuckled at my compliment. 

The conversation was interrupted unexpectedly. Gas rushed in through the room, and it was a green color. I knew it would most likely be Viper. I grabbed napkins from the tables and gave them to Bruce and Alfred, along with myself. Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock ran in. I had no idea that they were there. Usually, I would get alerted through my phone if there was a police matter in the area I was, as I told the Commissioner where I was going if I was going to a public event. 

This time there was no alert. However, the ballroom became empty before the gas could affect anyone. This was good, and if anyone did, it would be a hell in the ballroom. Bruce and Alfred came out of the building with me, and I saw Jim Gordon go up to the roof. "Okay, Bruce. Stay with Alfred. I'm going to the roof to help Detective Gordon." Alfred looked at me with concern. "But ma'am, you don't have any weapons to protect yourself, it could be extremely dangerous." I kept it well hidden, but I had a gun with me. I winked at Alfred and followed Jim up the stairs, and he looked back at me with confusion.

"Grace, go back downstairs, this is dangerous. We don't know what we are dealing with here." I sighed at Jim. "That's what the job is about Detective Gordon." I took out the gun and held it to my side like Jim was doing. Harvey followed behind me, carrying his gun like we were. We got to the roof and saw a man. Jim called out "You don't want to do this Potolsky. Come with us." The man was Stan Potolsky, the creator of Viper. Stan was being investigated for weeks. We didn't know his motive, but we knew what he was creating. He was on the edge of the roof. "My work is done. WellZyn has been exposed. If you want proof, visit Warehouse 39." With that, Stan jumped off the ledge, landing on the ground below him. 

A/N

Thank you for over 150 reads. This story is becoming even more popular, and I am so proud of this. I will keep writing it until it is finished, which I don't think is anytime soon.

This is the dress Grace was wearing (not my picture obviously). This chapter has again been dedicated to ray-of-sunshine- for being so supportive of this story and voting on it. If you want a dedication you can either follow me or support the story by commenting a lot or voting. Thank you.