Chapter 4 ○ I'm Fine?

★。\|/。★

  ❝I WONT DO ANYTHING, 

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.❞

★。/|\。★

GRACE GRAYSON

I blacked out. I wasn't sure what had happened, and my brain was trying to comprehend what made me pass out. I deducted that it was probably stress or dehydration. All I ever drank during the day was coffee.

"Miss Grayson, I'm coming in." I am assuming he heard me fall. 

EDWARD NYGMA

I covered my eyes and went into the bathroom. I didn't hear anything so I uncovered my eyes and stared at the floor, where I saw Grace's unconscious body. "O-Oh Dear." I quickly ran over to feel for a pulse, and I felt a small one. I picked her up and carried her over to the bed. 

Hey, Eddie boy, what are you going to do while she is unconscious, huh?

"I won't do anything, you are absolutely disgusting." He chuckled at my failed attempt at an insult and disappeared into the dark. I laid Grace in the bed and kept her uncovered by covers since I could feel that she had a fever. I got an ice pack and some cold water and left it by her side. 

I went over to the couch to sleep, since it was about three in the morning. I got a blanket and a pillow and went to sleep on the uncomfortable couch. 

GRACE GRAYSON

I opened my eyes slowly as they adjusted to the bright light coming through the window to my left. I realized I wasn't in my bed, and that I wasn't in my apartment. I tried to remember what happened last night. I was at Edward's apartment and then everything went black. I looked to my side to see a glass of water that had small bubbles in it, which made me think it was now room temperature. 

I heard either a radio or television coming from a few rooms away, and I knew it was Edward as soon as I realized it was a quiz show. He loved quiz shows, and occasionally when we were in the office he would play them on the radio. I knew this because some people would complain to the Captain if the radio was too loud. 

I slowly sat up and immediately felt sick. I ran over to the bathroom and gagged. Edward must have heard me and speed walked over to the bathroom door. "Miss Grayson, I hope you don't mind that I decided to let you sleep here, I felt like it would be too dangerous to send you home considering I knew that it would be better for your health to sleep." 

"By the way, are you alright?" He asked.

"Yea.. I'm-I'm fine?" I said not expecting it to sound like a question. Was I okay?

I called James to tell him that I was okay, and even though I'm sure he was suspicious, I went back to sleep considering that it was not a workday.

Thank you so much for 50 reads! I appreciate you all so much! Chapter 5 will be coming soon