forty five

⚠️ smut incoming ⚠️

On our way to the restaurant Gigi decides to stop and look at a potential dress for the spring formal, taking away a bit of our time.

"It'll just be a sec" She said and heads inside the store.

Ten minutes later she comes out with two bags.

"I bought the dress AND shoes without thinking it twice. Now I don't have to worry about this in April"

"April is literally a month away, you still had time"

"You don't understand—let's just go" Gigi says, ending the conversation before it even started.

We reach the restaurant—an italian at that—and have our table set up on the far end of the place, where we have a clear view of the couple but far away enough where they won't be able to spot us easily.

"I feel like we're in a movie" Gigi says, breaking the silence.

"You're right, now hush" I respond, trying to get a good look of the guy Liam is with.

All I know is that he's a senior and that he's on the baseball team. Liam has a secret fascination for baseball that no one knows about, except me, maybe that's why he's dating him; just because he's on the baseball team, nothing good about him. But that was a lie. The guy was attractive, but Liam shone brighter than him. He also had sky blue eyes, but Liam's dark chocolate ones always drew the attention of everyone. His hair was brunette, like Liam's, but nothing would compare to the feeling Liam's luscious hair. He had a good smile, but not as beautiful as Liam's. You could point out everything about the guy but he could not compare to Liam.

But at the same time, they complement each other, as if they fit together like a puzzle piece. Liam has that effect, whoever he ends up with, he looks good with them because he knows who to be with, who would make him happy. I guess I wasn't capable of that...

"Zayn what are we going to order?"

"Order for the both of us"

"You want to be simple and just order one dish to share? We just ate chinese"

"Yeah okay"

I look over to the booth where the two share a laugh together.

"I'm going to the bathroom" I say and stand up.

Everything was laid out perfectly, the way to the bathroom passes by their booth so they can't miss me. I pass by them and take a glance at them, Liam looks up for a sec and for the split second we shared our first eye contact in a month. But I didn't stop, I continued to the bathroom.

I heard Liam's voice in the midst of all the chatter in the restaurant, "I'll be right back"

And then the voice of his date, "Hurry up so I can finish telling you the story"

"I won't take long, just going to wash my face" Liam responded.

I head inside the bathroom, luckily the bathroom here is intended for one person at a time but me being me, I leave the door unlocked. I start to wash my hands and I hear the door open and close then the lock click.

"What are you doing here Zayn?"

I had planned a different response but then the jealousy and anger took over me and I lost all sense of clear thought.

"Well Liam, what else would one be doing in a restaurant?"

"You know what I mean"

"Then ask what you mean"