ninety five

same night, Liam's p.o.v.

As the people start to arrive at Harry's house, the hotter it gets. At some point this is gonna turn into one of those sweaty night clubs.

"Hey babe, I'm gonna go set up the kitchen." Zayn says and heads off inside.

I'm alone now. Sitting on this chair, looking up at the sky, watching it change colors as the sun sets on the horizon. All the oranges and pinks blend together to create a dream world where one wants to spend eternity in.

"Hey Liam"

"Gigi! You're here!"

"Yep. Crazy right? I didn't think I would show up either. I mean, a going away party? Really? You guys are fucking insane."

"Well we're losing one of the group for who knows how long. It's only fitting we throw you the biggest party of the year. Everyone's going to talk about it for months. Just you wait Gigi Hadid, you're going to make headlines."

She laughs and and pulls out a chair next to me, "Looking up at the sky again?"

"Yeah. It's the only way for me to relax right now."

We sit in silence for a while watching the clouds float on by and the birds fly across the sky. In this exact moment I realized it was inevitable. Our friendship was put to a test and we made it out of the wilderness alive and stuck by me for everything. Gigi has been such a great friend to me and I couldn't find any other way of thanking her for being a part of my life.

"Gigi?"

"Yeah what's up?"

"Let's go inside. I have a surprise for you" I say and stand up, holding my hand out.

"Oh my gosh, are you going to propose?"

My eyes open wide and I choke on my breath. I can feel myself turning red.

"Oh Liam, please, it was a joke, I know you're saving that for Zayn."

I look at her, "Let's just go inside before I change my mind."

We go inside and move through the crowd and up the stairs. We make it to the room where I have the gift hidden.

"What are we doing here?" She asks and I take her to the terrace.

"Close your eyes"

"Okay," she closes her eyes "but I swear Liam if you're going to murder me, at least tell me."

"You're extremely nervous aren't you?"

"Of course! You're not saying anything about what you're going to do to me."

"Don't worry. Just keep your eyes closed"

"Okay... but I don't know how more patient I have to be"

I go back inside the room and take the bag from underneath the bed.

"Open them"

Gigi's expression changes instantly, and tears start to form in her eyes.

"Liam... what... what did you get me?"

"Look inside" I say and hand her the bag.

She pulls out the box inside and I can see she's at a loss for words. This is good. My present tops everyone else. It's not really a competition but still, I know that I got her the better gift.

"Liam... I-I don't know what to say."

"Then don't say anything, just try it on"

Gigi, with shock still written on her face, takes the bracelet and puts it on.

"I love this so fucking much. How did you know I would like it?"

"Well, pure luck actually," I took a pause and awaited her reaction and she smiled, "but really, I just thought how far apart we'll be and how little time we probably will spend together. This is just something to remember me by."

"Oh I most definitely will never forget you"

Gigi comes in for a hug, the squeeze signifying how much she really cares. I'm going to miss her so much, but I'm honestly so fucking glad I have her in my life and that ten years from now, I'll still be able to have a seat for her at the dinner table.

————————

not to sound like shady or anything but the chapter has 666 words and if that doesn't say anything then idk what does