Chapter 4

Kenzie's POV

After Niall was done with Kristyn's checkup it meant that it was my turn. I switched spots with Kristyn and Niall left to go get some clean tools. "Kristyn, i'm scared." "Kenzie, it's going to be ok. You saw me go through it first and you know Niall wouldn't hurt you. You saw how gentle he was with me." "That's because he's your husband and he didn't want to hurt you. What if he hurts me?" "Kenzie, you know Niall would NEVER hurt a fly. He wanted to be extra careful and it's not just because i'm his wife. He's gentle with all his patients. I promise he won't hurt you." Right as soon as Kristyn finished her sentence, Niall walked into the room. I wonder if he heard everything that we said.

Niall's POV

As I was walking back to the room with a clean tray of tools I heard Kenzie and Kristyn talking. I stopped for a minute and let them finish their conversation. I heard Kenzie say to Kristyn that I was extra gentle with her just because i'm her husband and she doesn't know if I will be that gentle with her. I walked back into the room after Kristyn finished her last sentence and I sat down on my rolling chair next to the chair. I told Kenzie that i'm going to go at her own pace and not do anything until she gives me the OK. I told her that I was tilting the chair back and I grabbed my mirror and explorer. I told her to open up whenever she was ready. She opened her mouth and I started checking her teeth. I came across one tooth that looked really bad so I tapped on it and she jumped a little bit. I took the tools out and told her that i'm going to start with a cleaning then i'll take X-Rays. She replied with OK and opened her mouth and I started the cleaning.

Kenzie's POV

So far Niall has been really gentle and this appointment is going good so far. He finished the cleaning and then told me that he was going to take X-Rays. He got up and got the films and came back to me and asked me to open. I opened my mouth and he put the films in my mouth and put a heavy lead coat on me then put the X-Ray machine next to my face. He left the room with Kristyn and then came back 30 seconds later. He took the films out of my mouth and went to develop them. Niall came back and showed me that I had a few cavities that need to be fixed right away because one of them was becoming bad and if it didn't get taken care of right then and there then i'll have to get a root canal and I defiantly don't want that. Niall asked me if I wanted Kristyn to get her cavities filled first then mine. I looked at Kristyn and she said that if it made me feel better so that she can see how Niall does fillings then she'll go first. I told her that I wanted her to go first and she switched places with me. I'm glad I have a friend like Kristyn.