Chapter 1 - A Case

"A case John, a case!" Sherlock shouted to the kitchen from the living room to his flatmate. John looked up from his tea-making.

"Well, that's good news..." he called back "You won't be shooting the wall for a while then..." he mumbled under his breath.

"What was that?!" Sherlock called again.

"Nothing!" John yelled back. He picked up the tea and carried the two cups to the living room where Sherlock sat in his arm chair, in his "Mind-Palace". John sighed at the beautiful detective. He knew he had feelings for his flatmate and bestfriend, but he couldn't ruin their friendship. But John wasn't gay no, he had told many people that before, but Sherlock was different Sherlock was, well Sherlock.

"Why are you staring at me John?" a low loice sounded removing John from his trance.

"Oh nothing..." John lied quickly. He avoided eyecontact with the dective, he knew that Sherlock would see right through him or "Duduce" him. Sherlock stood up to face John taking the tea from John's hand, brushing his fingers slightley. John could swear he flushed bright red but refused to look at his friend.

"Thanks..." Sherlock said slowly taking a sip from the hot tea. Sherlock sat back down in his chair cup of tea in hand. John stood there bewildered. Had Sherlock just used manners? He looked in disbelief back to his flatmate who had returned to his Mind-Palace.

"John, you're staring again.." Sherlock said in almost a whisper but John heard it loud and clear.

"Sorry" John said hastily and walked back into the kitchen. He could feel the tension in the room building and he could swear he was going to burst out and confess his love.

Sherlock watched as John returned to the kitchen. He satred longingly in the direction of John, and smiled. He loved John, not just as an expression but he loved him but he knew that the retired army doctor would not return the same affection he was looking for.