Chapter 5 - Mycroft's Secret

"Hello Brother dear.." Sherlock said slowly into the phone.

"Brother mine..." Mycroft acknowledged "what do you want?" he asked impatiently.

"Oh nothing just information..." Sherlock replied.

"Continue then" Mycroft answered.

"Well you see brother, I'm on a VERY interesting case right now and I need to ask you something?" Mycroft moaned into the phone.

"Have you heard of 'Freya'?" The line went quiet, Sherlock could hear Mycroft cursing softly.

"I don't see why that should concern you bother?"

"Well you see it does.. How does a homeless teenage girl manages to get enough money to care for the homeless?" Mycroft stayed quiet.

"We both know brother dear that money does not grow on trees..."

"Ugh fine. I pay Freya to look after the homeless, with my current position in the government it would look bad on my reputation if I were to help these people in person..."

"I didn't think you were on for sentiment brother..."

"I'm not." He replied bluntly. Sherlock rolled his eyes. "I'm only making sure the population of England and your network doesn't die out. I would think you would do the job but you don't..."

"I scratch their backs!" Sherlock protested.

"Extraordinary..." Mycroft murmured "I think it's about time you took on the job, but no matter, you have barely enough money to pay the rent..."

"If you are so 'caring' brother mine, I would think you would offer this girl a home..."

"Now who's sentimental..." and with that Mycroft hung up. Sherlock locked his phone and turned to John who had listened to the whole conversation.

"What now?" John asked rocking back and forth.

"Mycroft knows no more than we do..." Sherlock turned to George. "We are going to need the network".