Chapter 19 - Going to Die

Freya's POV

I heard the front door of 221open and close again violently. I got up from the lounge throwing the newspaper I was reading to the ground in the process. As the footsteps became louder, bounding up the staircase I ran to the door of the flat, meeting Sherlock in the knick of time by the door.

"Sherlock!" I cried, hugging him tightly. I had been worried sick since he was taken away by the police that night. I saw him escape of course, and now he was back. But where was John? He hugged me back and quickly pushed past me to sit at his laptop. "Sherlock?" I asked, he hummed in response. "Where's John?" I asked.

"At Barts" he replied bluntly. I knew something was wrong, not the 'I'm currently running from the police' wrong, the worse wrong.

"What's wrong Sherlock?" he sighed, closing his laptop and standing to face me. He was avoiding my gaze.

"Freya..." he said quietly. "I think I'm going to die..." He said now looking at me with his full gaze.

"What do you mean?" I asked, I knew what he meant but I needed to hear him explain it.

"Moriarty... He burned... the heart out of me." I felt the tears prick my eyes.

"Let me help you..." I said pleading.

"You can't..." he replied.

"Don't say that!" I gasped.

"Freya!"

"I don't believe you..."

"There is nothing that can be done now... Moriarty won."

"But you're Sherlock Holmes and I don't think he did... You see I know you." He huffed. "I do!" I protested.

"Freya, what ever happens to me is out of anyone's control including yours!"

"What about John?" he stiffened. "I want to help you Sherlock."

"You can't!"

"Bu- !"

"No Freya!" I let the tears fall and I saw that his were close as well. "I'm sorry..." he hugged me tightly and I buried my head into his shoulder.

"Please..." I looked up to him "Come back".

"Maybe..." he replied and then he was gone.

And that was the last I saw of Sherlock Holmes. Before the Fall.