Chapter 9

"Yes Babe." Chelsea says into her phone that morning, taking a bite of an apple she's got in her hand. "Mhm.. Yeah I know but.. Exactly. Yeah I'm sure that's fine. I'll just ask." She takes the phone away from her ear and shouts into the living room "Can you be ready for the party at 8:30?"

"Expect so." I agree.

"Okay. Cool. She said that's fine. Mhm.. No." She starts laughing. "You must be joking! Just you wait though my sexy baby. Yeah, mhm.. Okay, got things to do, people to see, speak to you later babe, love ya lots, hope you're looking fit tonight." She makes kissy sounds into the phone, before hanging up.

"Was that your mum?" I ask.

She scowls at me. "Harry's picking us up at 8:30 then. But he's known for being late so expect him here about 8:45."

"K, cool." I turn the TV on and find myself watching the whole series of HollyOaks.

-

"Are you dressed for the party yet?" Chelsea asks me at 7:45.

"I've got an hour at least." I mumble from the corner chair that I'm sat in, reading 'The Fault In Our Stars".

"That's how long we need." She grabs the black jeans that we brought and the blouse thing before throwing them in my face.

"Alright!" I stand up and march into my room, defeated.

-

"I'm done." I come out of my bedroom and stand there, feeling like a fool.

"You look good, considering."

"Considering?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Considering that you thought you were fat and ugly."

"Whatever. I don't want to wear it. Please." I fold my arms.

She lets out an annoyed sigh. "Luckily for you" she stands up "I brought a backup outfit."

She comes out of her room with a short black plain dress. This is perfect.

She grabs her massive make-up bag and shoves me into the bathroom.

I'm doing your make up first, kay?" She plonks me down on the toilet seat before standing over me and doing my make-up.

"Your theme is black." She nods. "Black dress, black eyes, black lips, etc."

"Black lips?"

She nods. "Mhm."

"Okay, but only a light shade of black on my lips."

"Sure, whatever." She smirks.

After another few minutes, she stands me up and makes me look in the mirror. I look alright, I guess. Not Chelsea alright, but alright.

"You look fab. Now, give me some time to get ready, yeah, you go put on your dress?" She struts out of the bathroom and into her own room. I take the dress off of the radiator and go get changed.

After a few minutes I come out and look into the bathroom mirror. Okay, this dress is pure perfection. I love it. It may not look alright but it feels alright.

-

"Do I look alright?" She comes out of the room after a while and poses.

She's wearing a cute pink mini skirt with a tucked in, buttoned-up baby pink blouse.

"Yeah, you look great. And me?"

"Great." She nods.

I know we're both trying not to be nice to each other.