Chapter 38

"Yes please," I smiled.

The waiter handed us a menu each and then left us to decide which one we would go for.

"Chocolate fudge cake looks delicious," Harry says.

"Mhm," I mumble, "or the strawberry trifle."

Harry nods, still looking down at the menu.

By the end, I pick a strawberry trifle and Harry gets a lemon cheesecake.

"Plans for tomorrow?" Harry asks.

I shrug, taking a sip of my drink, "I don't know. We'll probably pack our stuff, say goodbyes and yeah, just get off onto the road and back home."

He nods slowly.

"Have you enjoyed it?" I wonder.

"Yes, definitely! Your Aunt is so nice and spending this weekend with you has been amazing."

"Ditto. I've really enjoyed it," I smile.

Soon the puddings come and we tuck into them. Harry finishes, yet again quicker than me so he finishes off his drink and then sits there.

"Was it nice?" I ask.

"Scrumptious," he winks at me. "Yours?"

"Really nice, actually. You should try making a trifle for me," I grin.

He smirks, "if you like. Maybe. One day."

Once we've finished, we asked for the bill to come but he told us it'd already been paid for by my Aunt. I was so grateful to her and I'm pretty sure Harry was too.

We stood up and went out into the cold, dusky night. The street lights were the only things giving us accessible lights so that we could see. We got towards the car and jumped in.

"Do you want my jacket?" Harry asked cutely, "it's in the back of the car."

"I don't mind," I say, not knowing what else I should say.

He leans over and gets the jacket, before bringing it to the front and wrapping it around my shoulders. It was quite big on me but it was a really sweet thing of Harry to do anyway.

"Still cold?" Harry asked, puzzled.

I shook my head.

"Good," he smiled.

We drove back. It was sort of late now, 10:30 and all, but I knew my Aunt would still be up.

We crept through the door quietly and checked in the living room, suddenly hearing voices.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows at me and I shrugged. Neither of us knew what was going on. Surely she would've told us if we're having guests?

I slowly creaked open the door, peering through the gap.

I couldn't see the sofa as to which they were probably sitting on because the sofa was around the corner from the door. However, I leant myself right over and tried to open it as much as I could. I leant against the door suddenly, forgetting it was loosely open and then it flung open and I collapsed onto the floor.

Harry quickly rushed towards me and pulled me up onto my feet. I stood there for a few seconds, staring into the living room, and onto the sofa at my Aunt and a man staring back at me. When I first walked in they were just talking to each other, nothing weird. But it still seems, strange. Why did she never tell me she was having a guest around? And why does she look so worried right now?

"Abi, I can explain," she stands up and walks towards me, "me and Richard were just talking about something important."

"If it's so important, why can't I know? And why did you not tell me you were having Richard around?" I questioned her.

"I will tell you, just not now." She pushes.

I look straight into her eyes, "fine, I see how it is."

I turn on my heel and walk away and up the stairs, hearing footsteps behind me that probably belong to Harry.

I sit down on my bed and look at my hands that are in my lap. Harry sits beside me and takes my hands in his.

"It's fine," he says, smoothing down my hair.

I nod. Although I don't believe him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so there's today's update!

What do you think is up with Auntie Kate?

Not many chapters yet tbh 🌚

Thanks for reading <3

~A;)x