Chapter 39

The next morning, I woke up and felt grotty as heck, remembering last night and what happened with Auntie Kate.

Harry was already awake because I could hear him tripping over stuff on the floor in the room.

I grumbled and rolled over.

Harry laughs, "you're a bad morning person."

"Tell me about it," I groan. "Actually don't. Goodnight."

I hear movement and then suddenly I feel somebody tickling me.

I screech and squeal for ages until finally giving in and getting up.

"Hate you," I tease him.

He winks at me, "I really like like you too."

I shake my head and smile.

I shove all of my clothes that are leaking out of my suitcase back into it and grab a pair of denim shorts and a purple tank top. I then walk out of the room and into the bathroom, messing about with my hair to look presentable. When I'm done, I walk out and back into the room, but Harry isn't there.

I then creep downstairs, hoping to not be seen by anyone, turning a corner and scanning everywhere. There's no body in the kitchen so I quickly made some cereal and orange juice and eat it. I flinch when somebody pats my shoulder suddenly.

"You okay?" Harry asks, planting a kiss on my neck.

I sigh, "grand."

"We both know you're not. You need to talk to your Aunt."

"I, I don't really want to," I exclaim.

"Why not?" He questions.

I shrug, "because it's probably going to be a disappointment anyway."

Suddenly Auntie Kate walks in the room, in her slippers and a long dress.

I groan and try to get out though the door but Harry blocks it, saying, "talk."

He then turns around a shuts the door behind him.

I look at Auntie Kate, she has bags under her eyes and she smiles weakly.

"I'm sorry," is all that she says.

"For?" I ask.

"For what I'm about to tell you if you don't like it," she exclaims.

"Shoot," I say.

She scratches the back of her neck awkwardly. "So, I'm sort of, err. Me and Richard are, as you could guess, um, together."

I roll my eyes. "Cheers for telling me, why was that such a big deal?"

"That's not it," she adds. "I'm pregnant, with Richard's baby."

My eyes widen and my mouth drops open, I stare at my Aunt in shock. I then look at her belly and notice it is more plump than usual. I mean, how did I never see this before?

"Are you upset? Please don't be upset," she pleads.

"I'm not upset, just, shocked, I guess," I exclaim.

"Okay. Because you know I love you, right?"

I nod, "I know."

"And since it's your last day of being here, I want you to feel as though you're leaving with a smile on your face, and not a frown," she says.

"I know," I say, "I will leave with a smile on my face, knowing that I'll have a little cousin soon."

She smiles, before pressing a kiss to my forehead.