Chapter 28

Rehearsals suck.

Everybody else performed it, but me and the other under study's had to learn all of our lines, without practising. Which meant reciting them several times to ourselves, writing them out. Anything but doing something fun.

I made a friend though. Finley York, the understudy for Harry. He's a nice guy, kind of nerdy but he seems nice. We started practising together to see how good we are at learning the lines, that's how we made friends.

"How did you not get the part for Dotty?!" He questions me.

I smile and shrug my shoulders. "Chelsea."

I nod over towards the stage where she sees to a patient. Finley looks too.

"She's not that good. Anybody can recite a few words, but it's putting a meaning to the words she speaks that she needs. You have that skill, she does not." He explains.

"Thanks, but she got the part, so I should just lump it."

"For now." He corrects me.

I raise my eyebrows as if to ask him what he's going on about.

"Something might happen to her, and then you can step in."

I shake my head. "Doubt it. Anyway, why aren't we talking about how you didn't get the part of Charlie?"

"Because we both know Harry is better than me." He shrugs. "Doesn't matter anyway."

"Harry's not better than you. It was just that maybe he had a touch to his performance that have him an edge." I exclaim.

"If you say so."

I nod.

-

Over the weekend I met up with Rosie. She wanted to talk to me about stuff - probably Harry. Not that there was anything to talk about.

"Are you okay?" Is the first thing she says to me when I see her by a tree at the park.

"Yes why?"

"Because." She exclaims.

"Because?"

She gets out her phone. "Because Harry told me what happened."

"Okay." Is the only thing I say.

"Well? What do you have to say?" She asks.

"What?" I say very grouchily, "you think this is my fault?"

"Well, yes. It's not exactly Harry's fault." She says.

It's not a Harry's fault that he snogged another girl? Well, okay then.

"That's a pile of crap. This is all Harry's fault." I exclaim.

"What are you talking about? He couldn't do anything about it? What did you expect him to do?"

"To not do it and own up for being such a .."

I can't say cheater because we weren't even dating.

".. Arghhhhh!" I screech, suddenly annoyed with Rosie.

"Look, I know this is none of my business.."

I cut her off, "good, so you won't get involved."

I turn around on one heel and leave.

Except I don't properly leave the park. There's one of those toilets that you have to pay 20p for so I use one since I'm bursting for a pee. After working for ages to try open the door, it finally flung open and I walked through.

The toilets were rank, no offence. But there was toilet paper strung over every possible surface, an unflushed dirty toilet and a leaking ceiling. Oh, lovely.

When I come out, I wipe my hands on my jeans and peer out the door. I now look over to wear me and Rosie were talking and find her with somebody else. A boy. Harry.

They're talking, or yelling. They both look kind of angry, and then one of them walks one way and the other the opposite way.

I, however, trudge home back to my hibernating habitat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another update today!

I wrote an introduction for my next fanfic, and it's a larry fanfic :))

But I might soon get new ideas and give up on that one so you never know ;)

~A ;)x