Chapter 29

The 'falling out with everyone' thing that I had going on, seemed to actually be what was happening.

Emma came around a few days ago, to cheer me up. She kept getting on my nerves, going on and on about Niall. As much as I love her, she does keep talking about him a lot.

She accidentally knocked over my cup of tea and I couldn't take it anymore. I asked her to leave, but it sounded more like a demand than a request.

Gaby never really talks to me. She's really quiet, I guess. She has her own life to live.

Tasha seems to have her phone off. Every time I ring up, it makes a long beeping sound and then goes blank and stops beeping or making any noise at all.

And I don't really feel like talking to a guy about this. They'll probably either be busy too or just not give a crap.

I reach towards my phone, hoping to see a text from a friend. Hahaha no.

Except I have a missed call from Auntie Kate. And so I decide to ring her back.

She picks up at the third thing.

"ABIGAIIIIILLLL!!" She squeals happily. Happiness washes over me, the sound of her voice and being called Abigail again makes me feel cheerful.

"Auntie Kate!" I reply.

"Are you doing okay?" She rushes to ask me

"I'm doing great." I reassure her.

"That's amazing! Made any friends?" She asks.

I did before I pushed them away.

I shrug slightly, "a few."

"That's good, how's your lessons, teachers, roommate?" She questions me.

"All fine."

She lets out a huge breathe, as if she'd been holding it in for a while, "that's so good to hear. I was worried you weren't, because you hadn't called."

"I'm fine."

"Good."

We carry on talking for a bit, and gawd does it feel great to have somebody speak to me.

After speaking to her, I rush off to rehearsals. We've been rehearsing a lot recently, and mostly it's because we don't have long left until the proper thing, a week or so, I think.

It was all pretty rushed.

Today's a dress rehearsal too. I sit down at the back, because the understudies have to watch the dress rehearsal as if they're the audience, and I begin daydreaming until it starts.

Finley comes and sits next to me. We both watch and comment on parts of the production as we're going along.

But I don't watch the production, I watch Harry, without sounding stalkerish. But the way he looks so happy and unaffected that I'm completely lonely and he's.. Not.

He looks out into the crowd, at me, several times, and every time he does, I look away from him and act like there's nothing different going on.

I stop watching the play and trail off in my own thoughts.

I think about Greeting Family Weekend. Obviously I'm going to go see Auntie Kate but what am I going to do the next weekend?

I guess I could go to a hotel or something. One that doesn't cost too much. Or I could .. Argh, screw this. I'll find something to do.

"He keeps looking at you." Finley whispers in my ear.

I turn to look at Finley, "who?" I ask.

"Harry. He keeps looking at you." He parrots.

"No, he's probably just looking out into the crowd," I insure him.

"No, really. He looks at you for a long time and then looks back at what he's doing. But every time he looks at you, he kind of looks sad," he exclaims, "has anything happened between you two?"

"No, not really," I lie.

"Okay, if you're sure. But if you want to talk, I'm here," he smiles.

I smile and turn back.