Chapter 12

"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?" Chelsea yells in my face, that evening.

The day that I'd had a picnic with Emma, Rosie, Gaby and Milly.

I wanted to say 'you' but I decided it was a rhetorical question.

"YOURE SO JEALOUS OF ME. YOU WANT MY LOOKS, MY FRIENDS, MY CLEVERNESS AND ESPECIALLY MY BOYFRIEND."

'Wanting her boyfriend' was an understatement.

"Where's all this even coming from?" I ask.

"You telling everybody that you did it with my boyfriend in a cupboard, and ik opened the door and burst out crying and everyone was laughing." Chelsea exclaims. "Why did you say that when it's absolute bollocks!?"

"I never said that. Me and Emma were talking today about the party and the spin the bottle game. And we mentioned that Emma had to snog Niall and I was forced to go in the cupboard with Harry. But we didn't say that you cried or that everyone was laughing. And we didn't have 'it'."

"So why did my friend tell me that?" Chelsea asks, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Ask your friend, not me." I stand up and walk into my room, slamming the door.

This friend. Let me guess, Milly?

I decided to text Rosie, seeing as I'd now got her number at the picnic.

Hi, in need of a chat

Hope that's okay xox

I didn't get a reply until after five minutes when my phone when off. But the name flashed up 'Harry'.

That's all I need.

Need to talk to you. -H

He used a full stop. I've realised through the years that people only use full stops when they're angry, confused, annoyed or obsessed with punctuation. And I very much doubt Harry is obsessed with punctuation.

I replied back straight away.

When?

The reply came through just as I placed my phone back on the bed and opened up The Fault In Our Stars.

Now. Meet me at the library, by the non-fiction science crap. -H

I replied yet again, grabbing my jumper.

Okay :/

Picking up my phone and putting it in my pocket, I began to worry as to why he was asking me to meet him. I slipped on my stilettos and then marched into the kitchen, blanking Chelsea. Like that rebel that I am.

I walked slowly taking my time, with each step, more worry built up inside me. Different ideas if what was going to happen rushing through my mind, making me sweat and get a slight head ache.

I arrived at the non-fiction science crap to find him already stood there, leant again a book shelf, staring blankly at the screen of his phone. He was wearing a plain grey long sleeve, but the sleeves rolled up and yet another pair of ripped skinny jeans. His hair was pushed back with a dark purple bandana.

He didn't notice me at first so I coughed, which made him jump slightly. But he didn't laugh about it, his face was stern and serious.

"Abi." He nods at me.

"Harry." I nod back.

"I need to speak to you." He says again and I nod. "It's kind of important." I nod again. "Okay well basically. Since I met you, I've been going crazy. Not mad crazy, but I can't stop thinking about you, which only caused me want to see you even more."

My hands get sweaty inside my pockets but I stay serious. What's happening?

"I have a girlfriend." He says as if I don't already know that. "Who I .. Love a lot. Although Chelsea can be, you know, I still love her and that's how it's always been. I can't keep messing about with you. Since that kiss, I realised my real feelings. But that's not how it should be, Abi. I should be with Chelsea. You should be with another guy."

Where's this going?

"And that's why I need to stay away from you. I can't see you anymore. I don't think we can even be friends without anything going further. I don't want to do this but it's for the best." He begins edging away, out of the library. "I'm sorry Abi. But don't talk to me anymore, okay? I can't do this."

And with that he leaves, shoving his hands in his pockets and just.. Leaving.

How is this for the best?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is sad. But yeah. :'(

Next few chapters are gonna be kind of boring because it's leading up to shiz.

Thanks for the reads !!:)

~A ;)xox