iv.

"You good Mal?" Derek reached for her phone across the table.

"Yeah I'm fine." She gave him a reassuring smile, trying to take her attention off of the couple next to her. She could feel Tay's eyes burning holes into the side of her face. She didn't even dare to look at him.

"She's such a distraction for you. Let's go somewhere else." She heard Cassidy mumble and saw her reach for his hand out of the corner of her eye.

"It's fine. She don't matter no more. Let's just stay here." Mal wasn't gonna lie, those words hurt. Almost like a knife to her heart.

"He ain't shit if he could say those things about you while still having feelings for you. Forget it ma." He grabbed her hand and kissed the back of her palm, sending Tay's anger into a frenzy. Only he was allowed to do that. He clenched the side of his chair tightly, but kept his cool. He got up and slid into the seat next to Cassidy, placing his hand on her thigh. Mallorie noticed the action and rolled her eyes, trying to suppress her anger.
"I would love if you would stop stalking my boyfriend and I. I get it, we're cute as fuck, but you don't have to be staring all the time. Take a picture Mal." Cassidy shot Mallorie a fake smile and leaned over to plant a deep kiss on Tay's lips purposely. Mallorie kept her head straight and stared at Derek.

"We can leave if you want shorty." Derek licked his lips. She nodded. They both got up from the table since they didn't order anything. On the way out, Derek placed his hand on Mallorie's ass as she walked out the door, making sure to give a smirk to Tay. Tay was fuming.

"Don't even think about getting mad over that girl. She's doing nothing but holding you back." Cassidy placed a kiss on his lips. He realized that he had officially lost Mal to some lame football dude and he wouldn't be able to get her back. His heart shattered, and by now, he was getting used to the feeling.

7:51 pm; Derek's house

"Mal, stop with all dat." Derek chuckled as Mallorie sat on his lap, kissing all over his face.

"Smile cutie pie." He was in the middle of laughing when Mallorie snapped a picture of him on her phone.

"You got me bent luh baby." He shook his head and chuckled.

"Remind me why I never gave you a chance?" She smiled, caressing his cheek with her thumb. He held her wrist gently, holding her hand to his face and kissing it gently.

"You was fucking with Tay and you wasn't over him. When I saw he got with my ex, I knew he fucked up. So I cleaned up after him." Mallorie almost shrieked.

"Ex?" She looked at him like he had two heads.

"Cassidy is my ex. Left me for Tay four years ago." He rolled his eyes.

"Tay left me for her four years ago." Mallorie whispered. Now she realized why Cassidy hated her. Her ex was now fucking with her current boyfriend's ex.

"Don't trip over it though. They both ain't shit." Mallorie leaned down to hug him and he smiled, wrapping his arms around her.

"Never met someone as beautiful and genuine as you Mal." She couldn't help the blush arising from her cheeks.

"You're too sweet bae."

8:15 pm; Tay's house

Back at Tay's house, he had three joints rolled up and ready to be lit. Reality slapped him in the face earlier seeing Derek and Mallorie. He should've known it was coming. Fuck his career, Mallorie was the only thing he genuinely cared about besides music. And if his career didn't like either one, then fuck it.

"Whatchu rollin up fo? Who hurt you?" Nahmir took one look at Tay and knew instantly what was bothering him.

"I told you if you ain't hop on her, another nigga would. And now she's happy with him. You ain't got nobody to blame goon." Nahmir shrugged his shoulders.