First "Date"

Chapter 6

e l l a

I was waiting outside, when Luke rolled up in his Mercedes, his roof down. "Hello sweetheart" he said, smirking. "What did I say about calling me that?" I said, laughing as I stepped inside the car. "Can I call you that when you become my girlfriend?" He said, smiling. "When?" I said, blushing slightly. He just shrugged, starting up the engine.

He started the radio up on some Green Day. He started singing the words, really getting into it. "Wow your really good you should be in a band" I said sarcastically. "Hahaha" he responded, rolling his eyes. "I know I'm too funny" I said, laughing.

Soon we arrived at the beach, the sun beating down on me. We placed our towels on the sand, the sand ticking my toes. "Can we go in the water?" I said, eager to help cool myself down. "But I don't wanna mess up my hair" he complained. I leaned forward, running a quick hand through his hair. "Oops" I said, chuckling. "Fine but only this once because I like you" he said, smirking.

We stripped down to our swimwear and made our way out to the water. I felt scared that the fans would think it was strange that me and Luke are going to the beach together, half-naked as well. He was more toned then I thought he would be. Not that I'm complaining.

I waded out as far as I could, enjoying the cool water against my burning skin. I spied Luke behind me and chose the perfect moment before I swung around and splashed him in the face. Messing up his hair may I add.

"You little..." He started, not finishing his sentence before splashing me in the face. I laughed, knowing how ridiculous we must of looked. But I didn't care, I was happy.

I ran (ok I kinda half swam) onto the shore, but shortly Luke caught me up. He grabbed my waist, spinning me round like in those cliche movies. "Caught Ya" he said into my ear, the hairs on the back of my neck sticking up in a way that made your whole body tingle

We walked back to our towels, the sun slowly setting over the horizon. I through a sweater over my head because the breeze was giving me chills. Or it was the way Luke was looking at me. I don't know.

"So, tell me about you" he said, looking at me with this look that made me actually look interested in my life story. "What do you wanna know?" I asked, fiddling with the sleeve of my jumper. "Tell me about your family" he said.

"Well I have a mum and a dad" I said, giggling at how stupid I sounded. "No shit Sherlock" he replied, punching me lightly in the arm. "My mums names Donna and is a hairdresser. My dad is called Ryan and he works with boats, my little sister is called Konnie and my older sister is Tia" I said, staring at the ground. "Do you have any pets?" He asked, leaning back slightly. "I have a dog, his names Buster"

"Let's play 20 questions" Luke said, sitting up straight now. I nodded, feeling really weird, like there's this weird sensation going on in my tummy.

"Favourite colour?"

"Maroon"

Favourite movie?"

"The maze runner." I said, smirking. "Dylan O'Brien is one hot motherfucker"

"I'm way hotter what the hell" he said, pouting slightly. "Of course" I lied because no one tops him. Maybe Evan Peters. Damn

"We should be getting home" Luke said, grabbing his bag and towel. I nodded, grabbing my things and stuffing them in my bag. We walked along the boiling concrete towards his car, talking about whether we like Ariana or Miley better. I personally don't like Ariana but whatever.

We drove home in silence. Not awkward silence more comforting. The sound of blink 182 blasted through my ears and all was content. Soon, we arrived back at Sarah's. Luke walked me too the door, where we stood awkwardly for a few seconds. "I had a lot of fun today, Ella" he said, kissing my cheek slowly. "Me too" I said, giving him a hug. I walked inside, waving to Luke as he started to walk away.

"What the actual fuck are you doing" a shrill voice said, making me jump back in surprise. "Coming inside?" I said, placing my bag on the floor.

"That's not how you get a guy oh my god Ella" Abby said, walking outside. "Luke, come back here one moment" she said, just before he got in the car. I gave her a "what the fuck face" basically pissing myself. "Yeah?" Luke said, leaning against the doorframe. Damn that was fucking attractive. "We don't want you having the trouble of driving home, ash is here anyway so, stay the night."