Not Again

I, yet again, stepped out into the corridor. This morning had been eventful and I had to go tell Abby everything. That's just what you do, right? We didn't have any secrets from each other and that wasn't going to end now. As I turned a corner, I bumped into someone. I was getting so sick of doing that today. Perhaps I really did need to watch where I was going.

"Sorry," I mumbled, "I didn't see y-"

I paused as I looked up.

It was her. The girl from reception.

Behind her she was wheeling a large suitcase, something I didn't spot earlier. She had a look of disgust on face as she took a few steps back away from me. She composed herself then said, "Excuse me, could you direct me to room 513?"

That was mine and Luke's room. Why did she want to know where we were staying. But, then again, she didn't seem to recognise me. And the room was booked under 'Hemmings'. She was looking for Luke.

"Umm, hello? Are you deaf? I asked you a question!" She stated impatiently. It was only then that I realised I had been staring at her without saying anything for a little too long. Oops.

"Umm, sorry. Yes but who's asking?"

"Oh, it's just his girlfriend?"

Girlfriend?! GIRLFRIEND?!?

"Are you looking for Luke?" I asked. My heart was pounding against my chest and I could feel my cheeks become flushed.

"Yes, that's right," she answered with a sour smile. I clenched my fist to try and control myself although it was proving difficult.

"Umm, yeah, it's that way." I said. It wasn't exactly a crime giving someone wrong directions.

"Oh, ok." She said, turning and walking in the direction of my pointed finger. Not a thank you or anything. Bitch.

I raced back to our room. I would have to wait to talk to Abby. I fumbled with the key card but eventually got it in and swung the door wide open, making Luke jump up from his spot on the sofa. "Do you mind telling me why there is a girl looking for you calling herself your girlfriend?!" I screamed.

He looked a bit taken aback, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. "What are you on about babe?" He said, slowly walking towards me. "Don't come near me!" I said, taking a deep breath. He stopped abruptly. "Ella, what's wrong? I'm not seeing anyone else if that's what you mean" he said, biting his lip. "So, you don't know anyone who is tall, great hair and incredibly pretty. A little bit of a bitch?" I replied, crossing my arms together.

"Livvy?" He said, his eyes widening.