Amnesia

a b b y

Ella's late. She's never late. She's either on time or early. It was 8:05 and I was scared. She would never be late to something like this either.

I shook it off, as ash pulled me over to the dance floor. I shot a glance at Luke, who was pacing up and down the building.

Suddenly, my phone went off. I sighed, realising it was Ella.

"Hello, where the hell are you" I said, moving outside.

"Excuse me, is this Abby Lowe?" A mysterious voice answered.

"I'm sorry, who is this?" I answered, frantically.

"This is Los Angeles Accident Hospital" the voice answered.

"What happened" I asked, a tear slowly rolling down my cheek.

"She got into a car accident and I'm not if she's gonna m-"

At that point I had hung up. I completed abandoned Ash but this was bigger than both of us. I ran down the street, my makeup running down my face. I didn't care.

Once I had burst through the doors, I realised something.

How was I gonna tell Luke?

Luke's POV

I leaned against the wall near the entrance, counting the minutes I had been waiting for Ella. I checked my phone a million times, waiting for a text or a call.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. I picked it up, hopeful it was Ella. It was Abby.

"Hey, Abby have you any idea where Ella might be?" I asked, nervously.

"Oh, Luke" she answered timidly.

"What?" I answered, moving outside.

"I'm sorry" she said, her voice cracking.

"WHAT" I shouted, my jaw clenching slightly.

"Ella's in hospital Luke" she said.

"Why" I answered, a lump in my throat forming.

"She got in a car accident and they don't know if she's going to make it" she answered, bursting into tears.

I took the phone away from my ear. I couldn't cry, it was like my throat was being strangled. I looked at the phone in my hand, clenching my jaw.

Suddenly, I threw my phone at a brick wall, making it smash to pieces. A bit like my heart.

I ran to the hospital. I ran my fingers through my hair, the tears still refusing to come. I burst through the doors, not caring about the stares I was receiving.

I stormed up to the reception, asking the lady if I may see Ella Loveless. She nodded, taking me to ward 5. I trailed behind, biting my nails. The inarticulateness was killing me.

Soon, the nurse had delivered me to ward 5, i was scared. Scaredof what i might see. Scared that, the most important thing in my life might not make it.

I opened the door, to see Abby sobbing in the corner. I cautiously edged my way over to Ella, the adrenaline pumping. I saw her, lying on the frigid hospital bed. the white sheets smothering her. Her face was anemic, her eyes shut. She looked like she was in a peaceful slumber.

I sat beside her, taking her hand in mine. I put my fingers on her wrist, making sure i could feel her pulse. I traced circles in her fingers, the tears rolling down my cheeks. I was begging for her eyes to open, to see those beautiful cobalt eyes. I just sat there. I didn't move. For 2 weeks.

The wait was agonizing, the feeling were, i almost gave up. After two weeks, the monitors beeping noises started slowling down. I clutched her hand, begging her to wake up. Suddenly, i felt a grip on my hand. I snapped my head to face her. She opened her eyes, sitting up in her bed. i couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Then she said something which changed everything.

"Excuse me, who are you"...