Journey To America

Chapter 2

➼e l l a

The airplane journey was long and tiring. I gazed out the window, the houses of my home country becoming smaller and smaller. Abby was lightly snoring beside me her headphones blasting out Nirvana, "Rape Me" Weird name, best song known to man. I fidgeted slightly, trying to the wake her up.

When the plane landed, and the airplane doors opened the Californian heat blasted us. I was beginning to regret not wearing my shorts. I've got to admit, it was beautiful. The enclosed airport was bustling, the sun blinding us as it emerged, the a yellow balloon on a distant horizon. I could hear like gentle waves lapping against the shore. We quickly walked over to the conveyer belt, determined to grab our bags. Then we scanned the airport for Sarah. We spotted her in the distance, holding up a card saying "Abby & Ella"

We ran though the crowd and engulfed Sarah in a massive hug. "Guys I cant believe your actually here" Sarah stated. "Me neither" Abby said, her eyes tearing up a little.

"Wait, guys do you hear that sound?" I said, furrowing my eyebrows. "That sounds like the beach calling our name" Sarah said, laughing.

Me and Abby rolled our eyes and giggled. We all linked arms and walked to Sarah's red convertible and drove towards Sarah's house. Her house was a worn down beach house, with a blue weatherboard outside, with light blue peeling paint. It had an old, grey tin roof, which would made terrible sound if it rained. Inside there was a cosy lounge with three soft couches and many tartan patterned blankets. There were massive windows overlooking the beach itself. The kitchen was large, with a small island table in the middle with a small stove and cooker.

The main bedroom had a king size bed, with crisp white sheets and lots of beach themed pillows. It had a bay window that looks just over the sand dunes. Floorboards cover the whole house, light brown and worn down. The other three bedrooms were just as nice, mine having cream coloured walls with a worn down, brown bed. The family room, there was a huge bookshelf that span the whole wall size, so it was possible to have a good read.

"It's beautiful" Abby exclaimed, her eyes widening. "Isn't it just?" I said, still in awe. We trudged up the spiral staircase to our rooms. I flung my suitcase on top, hearing the creek from the weight. I placed my clothes into the wardrobe and put small items on the drawers. I went to get out my one-piece to see Abby has swapped it for a two-piece. I was gonna kill that little bitch. I reluctantly put my bikini on, slipped my flip-flops on and ran down the stairs.

We made our way to the beach, talking about what had happened while we were separated. When we arrived, we placed our towels on the boiling sand and threw our flip-flops off. I carefully placed my earphones into my eyes and quickly fell asleep with the sun beating on my back and the sound of Ed Sheeran filling my ears.