Ashby

Chapter 11

a b b y

I've been sat in Ella's room for days now. I can't bring myself to go downstairs and face the world. I would rather be alone.

I heard the door open and close. Ella and Luke were home. I wondered how it went. I hoped it went well.

I heard footsteps going up the stairs. I thought it was Ella. Turned out it was Luke.

"You ok?" he asked, sitting down next to me. I nodded, staring at the ground.

"How did it go today?" I asked, nervously.

Luke smirked, blushing slightly. I smiled. They were so cute together.

"It was..uh..good" he said, biting his lip. He suddenly, wrapped an arm around me, in a friendly way. I felt like bursting out crying.

"I've decided to re-pay you, by..uh..setting you up on a date?" he said, looking nervous.

"I don't think I'm really ready" I said.

"Why, you still in love with ash?" he said back.

I just stared at the ground, not saying anything. Because, I was. I just didn't want to admit it.

"Look, what he did to you was a dick move, but you need to try to move on" said Luke.

I sighed. "Fine" I said, regretting it as soon as I said it.

"Meet at the outside at 7 and Ella will drive you there" Luke stated, leaving the room.

I twiddled my thumbs, contemplating if this was even a good idea. I decided, to just go with it. What's the worst thing that could be wrong?

I took a deep breath and entered my bedroom, my eyes avoiding the bed. I nearly broke down crying again when I saw Ashton's shirt lying on the floor but I managed to control myself. I just grabbed some clothes and got straight out of there.

I dressed in a white skater skirt with a black, long sleeved t-shirt. I slipped on my black vans and made my way downstairs to meet Ella outside.

As I stepped outside, Luke gave me a thumbs up. Ella was sitting in the car, when she turned around

IT WAS ALYSIA

(Joking)

She gave me a reassuring smile and patted the seat next to her. I took a deep breath and sat down in the car.

The car ride was silent. Ella almost looked guilty for something. Something was wrong. Oh, was something wrong.

She dropped me off at American dream bar and drove off without a good-bye. Hmmm...

I cautiously walked inside, the place was crowded tonight. I edged my way towards the drinks section. I ordered a apple martini. I sensed someone behind me. I snapped round to see Ashton, holding a bunch of flowers.

As I got up to leave, he grabbed my wrist, pulling me back.

"I don't want your stupid flowers" I said, whacking them to the ground and stamping on them.

"I don't want ANYTHING to do with you" I said, raising my voice.

His eyes were red and puffy, like he had been crying for days. I almost felt sorry for him.

"Please, just hear me out." Ashton said, his voice cracking.

I sighed. "Fine, but you've only got a minute"

Suddenly, he got up onto the stage, grabbing an acoustic guitar.

He grabbed the microphone and said, "Recently, I've done something, that's caused me to lose the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. I just hope that we can work it out one day"

He started to sing, his angelic voice filling the air. It was called 'lost boy'

As I watched him sing each line with passion and tears in his eyes, I fell for him all over again.