Meet the Parents

a s h

I made my way upstairs to Ella and Abby's apartment after Luke and Ella had had their little 'talk'. It was on the top floor and there was no elevator. Shit. I dragged both Abby's and my suitcases up the stairs, praying after every set of stairs that there was no more.

After what felt like forever, we made it to the flat. Abby took out her keys and unlocked the door as I followed her inside. I gasped. It was a beautiful place. There were large sliding doors leading on to the balcony where there was a breathtaking view of the city. The open plan kitchen and living room was stylish and modern and all sorts of weird and wonderful paintings adorned the walls.

I just stood there like an idiot as Abby dropped her keys into a little, circular bowl on a nearby table and sighed. "Home, sweet home," she said, "I've really missed it here!" She turned around to face me and laughed when she saw how sweaty I was. I dropped the bags on the ground next to me as she ran a hand through my hair delicately. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it!" She chuckled, turning around again as Ella and Luke emerged from the other room.

"Oh, hey guys!" Luke said, awkwardly. He was holding her hand and his hair was messed up a bit. I saw his lips looked pinker than usual...and I swear Ella was wearing lipstick before we left...

"Hey! Ash, honey, could you take our bags into the bedroom?" Abby asked. "Sure...hang on, where is it?" I said. "Second door on your right," she replied and I made my way in that direction.

When I came back, the girls were sat gossiping on the sofa. From what I gathered, Sarah and Calum had stayed in California and they both looked pretty upset. It was the first time they had ever met one of their best friends and it was cut short. I felt so bad for them both.

Luke was stood in the kitchen, buttering some toast. I wandered over to him, smirking. "Dude, you got a little lipstick on your face. And by 'a little' I mean all over," I said, laughing. He turned bright red and started rubbing his lips with the back of his hand. "So...have you guys...ya know?" I questioned him. Luke shot me a dirty look but answered the question anyway. "Umm...well...not that's it's any of your business but...no," he said. I was shocked. I mean, I knew Luke was a virgin before he met Ella but I was sure they would've done something by now. "Ok, whatever, you better do it soon though cos there are some pretty good looking guys in London," I teased Luke. I could see him getting madder and madder which just made it funnier and funnier, "Fuck off, you little shit," I held up my hands innocently, trying to stifle my laugh as I walked away.

The phone rang and Ella answered it.

"Hello? Oh hi Mum! Yeah, sure that would be great! Is it ok if we bring some friends? Only two! Great! See ya later! Love you!"

"Who was that?" Abby asked.

"My Mum! They've invited us over for dinner tonight! Wait, how did they know we were back?" Ella answered.

"Oh, I text my Dad earlier! He must have told her! Can we bring the guys?" Abby questioned her.

"Yeah, she said its fine! We better go shopping and get you guys some new clothes," Ella said, turning to Luke and I, "you're not turning up wearing a tank top and skinny jeans!"

a b b y

Ella decided to wear a simple light-blue skater skirt and a black Nirvana shirt. I too wore a skater skirt and Nirvana top only my skirt was dark blue and my top was white. We wore matching pumps (mine white, hers black) and, when we emerged from the bedroom, the boys just laughed at our twin-like outfits. They were wearing suit blazers with white shirts and a tie (Ashton's red, Luke's blue) with black trousers and smart shoes.