Torn

e l l a

I felt like the worst person in the world. I couldn't bring myself to call Harry. I felt like it was wrong. Like, I wasn't supposed to. I decided against it.

I tip-toed downstairs, the stairs slightly creaking under my weight. I peeked my head round the door to see Luke sitting on the sofa with a guitar and a book. He was strumming a few chords, sometimes writing something down. I was so intrigued in what he was doing. He seemed so passionate about it. He ran his hands violently through his hair, shoving his face into his hands.

"It's not good enough" he mumbled, to no one in particular. He through the book on the floor, making a slight thump. I jumped slightly at his harsh actions, but continued to watch him. Tears rolled down his cheeks, but he quickly picked up his guitar. His voice was husky, yet beautiful. He started to sing a song I have never heard before. I couldn't make it out from his sniffles every now and again. He abruptly stopped, groaning. "She won't like it" he grumbled. "I've lost her forever" he said, walking out onto the balcony. I followed him carefully, the slight breeze making me shiver.

"What do you want?" he said, his sudden action making me jump. "Um, nothing, just getting some water" I lied, biting my lip. "Don't lie to me Ella" he said, spinning round and grabbing my wrist. I quickly glanced at him, taking in his beauty. His ruffled hair, his bright blue eyes, the way his lips parted when he spoke, his way with words. He really was beautiful. I did not just say that! He stared at me, intently making me turn away.

He pointed his finger at me, motioning for me to wait. He pulled out his phone at put a song on. "Dance with me?" He asked, widening his eyes slightly, biting his lip. I looked at the floor, my hair slightly covering my face. I nodded, hesitantly as he took my hand. He placed his hands on my waist, sending shivers through my body. I placed my arms around his neck. I placed my head in the crook of his neck, taking in his scent. We swayed slightly, side to side. How could something so wrong feel so right?

He suddenly grabbed my arms and spinning me out and then back into him. He laughed slightly, staring into my eyes. He slowly lent down until we were nose to nose. He smiled slightly, tears forming into his eyes. "Your so beautiful" he whispered. closing his eyes and smirking. He lent in, his lips brushed against mine. I carefully intertwined our fingers, the feeling of him with me making me safe. He was something else. He placed his lips against mine, his hands cupping my face. This time I didn't pull away.

I kissed him back.