Lukella

Chapter 10

e l l a

I woke up to see that Luke was no longer on the sofa. I started hearing soft murmurs coming from the kitchen and spun round to see Luke and Calum chatting and sipping coffee. I clumsily stood up and wrapped the blanket I had slept under around my shoulders. I slumped over to them, knowing full well my morning face was pretty bad.

It had been a rough night.

"G'morning sleepy head!" Luke chirped. I just groaned back in response and poured myself another mug of coffee. "Did you stay here last night aswell, Calum?" I asked. He nodded. "I slept in Sarah's room. Don't tell Abby this but Ash has been ringing us non stop today. We haven't answered though, I have nothing to say to him." I felt bad that they were ignoring their long term best friend but it was their decision. I decided not to get involved. "Well, okay then, it's your decision."

Luke, sensing tension in the atmosphere, came over and hugged me from behind, wrapping his arms around my waist and placing his head on my shoulder. "Have you got any plans today?" He asked. His hot breath tickled my neck and I blushed violently. "Umm...not as far as I know!"

"Good, because we're going on little adventure!" I giggled at the way he said it, his Australian accent stronger.

"What kind of adventure?" I questioned him.

"It's a surprise! Now, go and get some fresh clothes on you hot mess!" He said, slapping my backside. I gasped and went red in the face but I didn't complain.

As I walked out of the kitchen and towards the stairwell, I could see Calum trying to stifle a laugh. As soon as I walked out of the room, he burst into a fit of giggles. I rolled my eyes as I climbed the steps and entered my bedroom. Abby was still asleep, no doubt exhausted by all the drama, so I tiptoed round her to grab my clothes.

I decided to wear some thin black leggings and the t-shirt I wore on our first 'date', the one with his song lyrics strewn across the front. I slipped on my white and blue nike trainers and tied my hair into a high ponytail with a scrunchie. As I was about to leave the room, I contemplated whether I should stay with Abby. Even in her sleep she looked sad and she was obviously heartbroken. I decided to leave her a note, explaining where I had gone just in case her and Sarah got worried. I placed it on the bedside table and tiptoed out of the room.

Luke was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs wearing ripped black skinny jeans and a thin, white, cotton t-shirt. On his feet he had a pair of black vans and he was carrying a camouflage patterned rucksack. He smiled at me as I descended the staircase and grabbed my hand as I reached the bottom. We said goodbye to Calum then set off in Luke's car.

"Where are we going Luke?" I whined after 10 minutes of driving.

"It's a secret! Don't worry, we're almost there! After what felt like forever, we pulled in to a small carpark. Confused, I jumped out of the car and followed him down some outdoor steps that led through a small wood. As I reached the bottom, I couldn't believe my eyes. A beautiful, secluded beach lay in front of me, the midday sun beating down making to sand turn golden and the ocean waves sparkle. There was a small yacht waiting a little way out with a jetski floating beside it. "What do you think?" Luke asked. I gave him a smirk and said, "You call this a little adventure?" He laughed and took my hand, leading me over to a small hut.

Inside, hanging up, were two wetsuits, one fit for a giant and another normal sized one. "I'll wait outside until you're changed!" I said. As I was about to leave, he grabbed my wrist and said, "Or, we can save time and both get changed together." I giggled, "You'd like that, wouldn't you!"

After we were both changed (seperately) we made our way out to the boat. After a brief lesson from the instructor, we clambered onto the jetski, Luke sat behind me, his hands rested on top of mine on the steering. We spent hours rushing around in the sea, the salty water spraying us as we bounced up and down over the waves. It was so much fun and we laughed the whole time.

Luke would often whisper things in my ear and at one point he kissed my neck and we nearly capsized, I was so overwhelmed. After we realised the sun was setting, we made our way back to the boat and jumped off. It dropped us back to the shore and we grabbed some towels as we went back to the hut to get changed.

I put my dry clothes back on and after we were both ready, he grabbed my hand. "C'mon, I want to show you something!" He led me up another set of woodland steps. We made our way to the edge of the cliff, trees swaying softly around us. The sunset was beautiful, it's rays reflecting off of the water turning everything a warm orange. We stood there for a while, just taking it all in, Luke's arms wrapped around my waist, his head resting on my shoulder. "I've had a great day!" I said, breaking the silence. "Good, I'm glad."

Suddenly, he moved and turned to face me. "Ella, there's something I need to tell you." He whispered, his voice breaking slightly. I looked at him with a puzzled expression. "Go on," I said. He gulped then closed his eyes and spoke, "I'm in love with you, Ella. I've loved you ever since that first date, when you were wearing the shirt you have on now. I have loved you ever since your first sarcastic remark, ever since you started teasing me. Everything about you entices me and I can't get enough! Your like my drug and quite frankly, I don't want to quit! Please believe me when I say you're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I don't want to lose you. So what do you say?"

I was lost for words. I looked at him, mouth hanging wide open. I didn't know what to say. Without even realising, I opened my mouth and said, "The truth is

A huge smile spread across his face, and I did the same. He wound one arm around my waist, the other cupping my face and pulled me into a passionate kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer, holding him tighter.

That was the moment I realised everything I ever wanted, wanted me too and was standing right in front of me.