Musical Memories

e l l a

The morning, I woke up curled up in Luke's arms. We had both fallen asleep on the outside daybed and I had my head rested on his chest. I wrapped my arms around his waist as tears started pouring down my face. I had come to a realisation:

I was in love with Luke Hemmings.

Something about that thought felt familiar as if it had ran through my head a thousand times before but now somehow got lost along the way. I just wanted to be here with him forever, watch his peaceful face as he slept soundly. I felt this longing for him even though he was right here in front of me. And I realised, I missed him. I missed a boy who was sleeping in my arms and had never left. But maybe I had...?

I felt like I was betraying myself. He had fallen in love with the old me and was clinging on helplessly to anything that was remotely left of her. He didn't want me, he wanted Ella, the girl who was never coming back.

All these feelings scrambled my thoughts so I reluctantly left his embrace and went into the kitchen to make some breakfast. I decided to make some pancakes with bacon and maple syrup. The smell must have arose Luke from his slumber and in a daze, he clumsily made his way into the kitchen.

As I was grilling the bacon, I felt some arms snake around my waist and lips kiss my neck softly. "G'morning, sleepyhead," I giggled.

"Morning," he groaned, his lips preoccupied. His morning voice was husky, rough...beautiful. I led him towards a stool by the breakfast bar and plopped him down into it. I plated up our food and he ate like there was no tomorrow whereas I just picked at mine. When he had finished, he pushed his plate away and leant back into his chair. I washed up the dishes and we decided to watch some TV. He rushed to the sofa and put a DVD on. I couldn't see what it was and when it came on I still didn't recognise it. He stared at me, expectantly, although I had no idea what was going on.

It was the worst 90 minutes of my life. The movie was god awful, all about bitches, backstabbing and sluts. I couldn't believe someone like Luke would like this sort of movie. Maybe I had liked it in another life but I certainly did not like it now. So, at the end, I told him what he wanted to hear; it was good, funny and familiar. But that wasn't the truth.

"Hey, could I ask you something?" Luke asked me as we turned to face each other on the sofa. "Sure, what is it?" I replied.

"Well...the guys and I are doing a gig today and was wondering whether you would want to come and see us perform?"

Luke? At a gig? He was a real musician?

"A gig?" I questioned him.

"Yeah, you know, with the others?"

"What do you do in your band?" He looked genuinely hurt but answered the question anyway. "I...I sing,"

I was shocked. I mean, I'd overheard him singing before, he was amazing, but I never knew he did it professionally. "Oh, cool! Well, I guess, I'd love to come!" A huge smile spread across his face. "Great! I'll pick you up at 6!" He told me. I giggled girlishly. "Listen, I've gotta go and start rehearsing for tonight and making sure everythings ready. I'll see you later though, yeah?" He said. I nodded and blushed as he got up left. Just as he got to the doorway, he stopped and turned around. He came back and kissed me on my forehead, smirked then made his way out of the room.

I immediately jumped up from the sofa and rushed up the stairs, deciding in my mind what to wear. Abby and Sarah were already getting ready in the bathroom. Abby was wearing some navy denim shorts and a white tshirt with their band logo on it. '5 Seconds of Summer'. Cool. On her feet she had a pair of black vans and her hair was let loose, layered and wavy. She had done on both Sarah and herself some natural looking makeup, Sarah with a pale pink lipstick and Abby with a rosy red. Sarah was wearing a pair of black leggings and a flowing white vest top. Her hair was in a messy bun and she had a pair of beige pumps on her feet. They both looked fantastic. Crap.