Memories

l u k e

As we drove past the secluded beach, I abruptly stopped. I just stared, the tears threatening to fall. I opened the car door and walked over there. I stared at the beautiful sunset. I remembered the place I told her I loved her. The problem was, she didn't.

"Hey are you okay?" she asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm...uh...fine" I said, siting down in the warm sand.

After a few minutes of no talking, she spoke up.

"Was she beautiful?" she asked, cocking her head to one side.

I smiled softly, a blush creeping on my face. "She was the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on"

She placed a hand on my shoulder, tracing circles gently. "I hope she comes back to you" she said.

"So do i" I said, a tear rolling down my cheek. I was a wreck. I couldn't deal with this anymore. I turned round to see the girl that I loved and cherished. I failed at making her remember. Time for plan B. I ran towards her, cupping her face in my hands, leaning forwards. Before she could protest our lips had connected. That feeling was still there. The fireworks, the feeling of love.

As I pulled away, she looked shocked. She just stood there, taking in what I just did. I was hopeful. She had to remember. Then she said,

"Luke, why the hell did you just kiss me?" she answered, a look of disgust washed over her face.

Shit. That backfired. I was speechless. Time for plan C.

I'm gonna make her fall for me again.