chapter 7: Technology

" princess, I'm home " my dad announced as he closed the door. I was lying on the couch almost asleep even though I woke up from a short nap a little while ago.

" hey dad " I yawned.

" hey... Crystal's not here yet "

" not yet "

" have you eaten? "

" no "

" I brought Chinese food " he smiled walking over to the counter and keeping the food.

" I thought crystal was here I got some for her too "he said loosening his grey tie.

" what about you ?" I asked

" I had a heavy linner "

" linner? " I raised a brow

" yeah. You know lunch and dinner. Linner " he explained

" dad no one says that " I chuckled finally getting off the couch and stretched. I felt less sleepy.

" well if brunch is a thing why can't linner be? "

" I don't know. It's just not. You could just say you had a late lunch like a normal person " I replied inspecting the noodles.

" who decides what the thing is anyway? "

Hmm I never thought of that. Celebrities maybe.

" no idea " I shrugged.

" well I'm very tired I had a long day " dad stretched

" goodnight princess "

" night dad "

" honeys I'm home!! " Crystal announced as she got into the house.

" of course walk in here like you own the house " my dad mumbled sarcastically as he left to his room.

" good one Brad. I appreciate the love " Crystal said obviously she heard what my dad said and I chuckled.

My dad and Crystal had a very different relationship. They acted like they didn't care about each other but deep down I knew my dad cared for Crystal like a second daughter and vice versa.

" now, who is ready for a girls night " she said throwing her rucksack carelessly on one of the couches with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

" it's a school night, you'd better be in bed by ten " my dad hollers from his room.

" way to kill the fun Brad " Crystal pouted and plopped herself on the couch I was previously lying on.

" You're welcome "

" are you hungry dad got Chinese " I stated

" yeah sure " she picked the remote changing the channel to e-news. They were talking about Shawn Mendez and she most likely zoned out.
" he is so fucking goodlooking" she says in a dreamy voice.

If I didn't know any better I would say she's in love or it was slowly turning into an unhealthy obsession.

My crazy Crystal

" Crystal come on. Can't you just take it to the kitchen " I groaned

We just finished eating and we were watching e-news something about. Crystal had some oj and she refused to take the bottle to the trash.

" too much work " she groaned exaggerating while I rolled my eyes.

" You're being a spoilt bitch " I said knowing fully well that she hated that term ' spoilt '.
She had always tried her best to be independent from starting a lemonade stand when we were ten to selling some of her mom's old stock for less price.

" I'm being lazy not spoilt " she pointed out

" fine, I'll do it my self " I groaned peeling myself off the couch.

" this is why I love you.... Nope move your butt is blocking Arianna's face " she nudged me.

After disposing the bottle, I came back to find Crystal with the TV off.

" why is the TV off " I asked.

" we don't need television in our lives "

" But you were just watching it a few seconds ago"
" And now I have decided that technology has ruined us. Just imagine, children get addicted to it like Spongebob Squarepants every kid wants to watch it and teen boys, they use it to watch porn. I mean it's terrible. I say all televisions in the world should be destroyed and-"

" Crystal " I cut her off.

One of the few things Crystal and I had in common is rambling especially when we were nervous or scared or.. Lying.

" what is it? " I asked

" there is nothing. I just think we should take a break from technology I mean don't you see what it is doing to us ?"

I noticed her biting her nails. Something was up.

" what's wrong Crystal you know you can trust me "

" I'm not hiding anything "
She visibly gulped.

I was about to say something when ' feels ' by Calvin Harris began to play.

" you should pick the call " Crystal said and I gave her the we-are-not-done look.

My phone flashed with an unknown number.

" hello "

" Hey Chip "

" Ashton ?"

" that's my name "

" how did you get my number? " I asked. I don't remember giving him.
" I have my ways, "

" Uhmm okay " I said.

This was one of the reasons why I hardly talk to boys, I had nothing to talk about. Usually We'd both be quiet and things would get awkward until the guy comes up with an excuse to leave.

" who is driving you to school tomorrow? " he asked

" Crystal"

" good, I'm driving "

" but-"

Goodnight cupcake "

He hung up.
The conversation was... Odd.
I felt tired and decided we should go to bed which Crystal immediately agreed .

It was very strange because
One : Crystal never sleeps as early as ten pm and two : she never wants to turn off her phone before she sleeps.
So as she kissed her picture of Shawn Mendez and immediately turned off the lights, I knew something was up.

She's hiding something.

" Crystal you know you can tell me anything right?" I asked cautiously.

" Good night baby " she said in a sing song voice

" Fine, be that way" I said hopping on the bed, next to her " I'll just scroll through my Instagram untill I fall asleep " I shrugged.
She grabbed my phone from my had very quickly.

" I said good night "

I fell asleep very slowly and confused.

Like I said, I lost the rough draft of this book and now I have to work with my terrible memory. I have a bad feeling about this book.
Anyways, any thoughts on what Crystal is hiding?

Vote, comment and follow.