chapter 15: Moreno Gala

Its been almost a month since James's heart was broken. I feel bad for him. My situation is a million and ten times worse than his.

I was currently sitting in reading a book in the cafeteria with Ashton. It was lunch time.

" hey guys " James said sitting net to me.

Ever since Crystal has been hanging out with River, she had been sitting on the popular table. Not that i mind.

She was happy. I couldn't say the same for James.

" hey "

" sup " Ashton said.

" I'm selling tickets for the school's Halloween dance"
James said.

'' really ? Why"

" can't i just be a good natured person with a kind heart ?"

I cocked an eyebrow

" ok... Mr. Kidman and i struck a deal. If i sold the all the tickets then i wouldn't have detention for a whole month " James said defeated.

The Halloween dance has always been held in school. It was once a snooze night mostly because the chaperones wouldn't let anyone get two feet close to the opposite sex.
Well that was until Brandon Hudson aka Brandy aka James's older brother, the school's former quarterback almost started a riot because of how boring the parties were and by riot I mean a bunch of teens holding flyers and chanting the slogan;
We're not made of stones
We have hormones.

And since the school doesn't need a bad rep, they decided to lay off the super strict chaperons.
" so please save me and buy some tickets" he continued with puppy dog eyes.

" sorry Jimmy but I'm not going to the dance " I said

" why " he whined

" coz i don't wanna" i whined in the same tone.

" come on please"
" nop"

" come on Ashton will you please tell her to just buy the stupid tickets ?" He turned to Ashton earning a shrug in return.

" fine I'll buy one sheesh " i sighed in defeat.

" yes now that is the brandy spirit i was hoping for "

He fist bumped the air and i rolled my eyes.

" you're the guy selling the Halloween dance tickets aren't you ?" Tori, the head cheerleader and my crush's girlfriend said as she walked to my table.

" yea " James replied.

" i need seven tickets " she said looking straight at James.

Is it wrong to think it was rude for her to ignore the presence of Ashton and I. Not that he seemed to mind.

" here you go " James said giving her seven brightly coloured pieces of papers.

" you must be Ashton, the new guy" she said looking at Ashton only noticing him.

Ashton just nodded in response.

" I'm Tori " she said again only getting a mumble.

" and you're Amanda right ?" She asked me.

I suddenly felt how much of a loner i was , people barely knew my name.

" its Avery"
Why does everyone keep mixing it up.
" cool " she replied and walked away.

Tori Morris is probably the most good looking girl in school. She was beautiful, social, had great sense of style and according to most of the boys at school, a body to die for which is one of the reason everyone thinks she and Jace make the perfect couple.
She had light blonde hair, grey eyes and a tall and slender body.

******************************

" Chip?"

I turned to face Ashton as he called.

School was over and i was at the parking lot waiting for him since both Crystal and James have practice.

" so you remember when i said i was going to ask an undeniable favour?" He said looking nervous.

" yea " i said as i watched him scratch the back of his head nervously.

" the Monero's usually throw a party every year to celebrate you know everything"

" i know " i replied knowingly.

From what i know, the Monero gala was thrown every year to celebrate their success, Mr Monero's birthday and the anniversary of their company. plus it was a fund raiser for a charity that helps cancer patients. They would sometimes invite famous bands, musicians, dancers, actors and actresses.

" so... Well I can go without a date and i was wondering if you would like to go with me "
He said

" as your date ? "

" look I'd totally understand if you don't want to go ... I mean its your choice really"

" I'd love too " i said smiling but inwardly,i was freaking out.

" alright " he said. A cute smile making its way to his face.

******************************

" HE DID WHAT ?" Crystal yelled as i told her Ashton asked me to be his date.

" for the hundreth time, Ashton asked me to go to the gala with him as his date " I said earning an extremely loud scream.

" that's amazeballs we can finally go together this year "
She bounced on her bed.

" oh my gucci... We should totally go shopping" she froze.

" no need " i said laying on her bed.

" no need?.. The gala is in two fuc-freakin days !!!" She dramatically threw her hands in the air.

" grandma got me some dresses, i think i could pick one " I shrugged.

" oh that's right, your Grandma" she sighed in relief.

" I've got the perfect dress" She smiled.

Even when i pretend to be excited i couldn't help but feel extremely nervous.

Heavens help me.