while i'm alive

josh: we should do something

lily: like?

josh: something great and amazing and huge, something that will mark our names in history and forever be remembered

lily: that's pretentious

josh: you're pretentious

lily: hey! well, actually..

josh: exactly, what's wrong with wanting to want to leave a mark?

lily: everyone wants happiness, nobody wants pain, but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain

josh: and i'm pretentious?

lily: i just mean, like there's so much stigma around wanting to do so much and becoming a billionaire and gaining fame and you think you'll find a way to stop global warming, and deforestation, and world hunger, but in all honesty you're not and that's okay.

josh: that's a little depressing

lily: see that's what i'm talking about, almost no one understands that even though some people's lives haven't been lived towards a charitable act or some great endeavor that it's not worth living because that itself is a lie, you are living. you, josh, get to breathe, and have the capibility to think and imagine and experience. even the miniscule things we take for granted that's when we live, i'm probably not going to change the world and i honestly do not mind, not because i don't care, but because life isn't about that and hell, while i'm alive i'm just going to goddamn live without any worry or need to bequeath a legacy because then i wouldn't be living, i'd be worrying.