She Is Awkward Around Him |6|

Hyejin's P.O.V.

"So what is your mother like?" I asked him while he was eating his lunch.

"Aah she is very open minded yet a short tempered person." Jin replied back.

After the incident at the bathroom, soon, the lunch time started. And before we knew it, we started talking.

"Do you miss her?" I asked him.

"Yes, I miss her a lot." He replied while giving me a sad smile. "Even during practices, I'd call her often. She is very close to me."

"I see." I said as I looked somewhere else.

"What about your parents?" He asked me.

"Mine?" I asked him back.

"Yeah," he said. "To be honest, I don't even know your last name but you seem to know everything about me." He laughed.

"Yes, because that is my job." I said. "I do research, kidnap, torture and then murder." I replied in monotone.

"So I am on the level 'kidnap' right now, aren't I?" He laughed again.

"Yes, you are." I replied back.

Gradually, Jin's smile lowered down.

"Have you.." he faltered. "Do you really kill people?" He asked me and I averted my eyes.

I nodded. "I can't help it, Jin. Once you get into this field, there is no way to escape." I said.

There was a long pause.

Then he cleared his throat. I took a long breath before speaking again.

"Do you want to escape?" He asked me with a serious expression.

Flashback

"Aww baby girl," he smirked. "Do you want to escape that bad?" He asked me.

I just looked at him with my teary eyes. My face and my entire body had bruises all over.

"Too bad," he said. "You have just made me angry now."

End of flashback

I looked at him.

I could feel my tears forming inside my eyes. I just blinked them away. No, not right now!

"That is a very interesting question." I smiled. "Do I want to escape to do I not want to escape?" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Hey! This is serious, okay?" He scolded me.

"Whoa Whoa! When did you become all serious, huh?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Well.." he took a pause. "I am also a pretty mature man, you know?" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah sure." I scoffed. "If only I could get a penny for the each time i have thought that you are stupid, I could have become a millionaire in no time."

"But aren't you already a millionaire?" He asked me. "I thought that people who are a part of gangs make a lot of money. Is it not true? Or are you still a struggler?"

I laughed at his statement. "Nobody is a struggler in this profession. If you have confidence and are good in fighting, you can become a millionaire overnight! Wait, not overnight but over two nights." I laughed.

He laughed back. "You look cute when you laugh."

I laughed again. "I know, right? And you look cute too."

He laughed back again. "You should laugh more often."

I laughed again. "Yes, I will laugh more often now."

And with that, we kept laughing. But after a point of time, there was an awkward silence.

Did we just have a laughing conversation about nothing?

Jin's P.O.V.

Now this is awkward. What were we even laughing about though?

I looked at her and she'd seem to be uncomfortable. But she looked really attractive while laughed.

But now our situation was awkward. Say something, Jin!

"T-Tell me about your hobbies!" I exclaimed and she looked at me with a disbelief.

"Well now that was out of nowhere." She raised her eyebrows. So was the moment that made us both really awkward.

"I am just curious." I lied. But a part of me wanted to know more about her. Why did she even choose a profession like this?

"Hmm...my hobbies?" She began to think. "I don't do a lot. I just go to the missions given to me by my boss and complete them no matter what." She said.

"I see...so when did you join this gang?" I asked her.

"Three years back." She replied.

"So what were your hobbies before you joined the gang?" I asked her and she stiffened up.

There was again a long silence in the room. Speak something, please!

After a minute or two of a long thought, she finally parted her lips.

"I really liked to.." she took a pause again. "..cook." she finally said. "When I was small, I'd always try to help my mother in the kitchen but she'd always shoo me away saying that I'd have to cook my entire life and take care of my family so I should study and enjoy life while I can. Since she never let me help, I'd always sneak into the kitchen while she'd take her afternoon nap and create a new dish out of biscuits, Nutella, fruits and what not!" She chuckled.

"Even I like to cook! I always—" I got cut off by Hyejin.

"—Cook for your team members?" She smiled.

"How did you know?" I asked her. Oh wait, she did research.

"I did research, you dumb fellow." She chuckled again and then sighed. "My life was different back then." She gave me a sad smile and got up.

"W-Where are you going?" I asked her.

"It's 3 pm now. We both have to leave for a mission at 4 so it's better that I tell you now." She said and I widened my eyes as I got up from the floor.

"Me? On a mission? No No No No N—" I got cut off my Hyejin.

"—Yes." She said strictly. What happened to the cute laughing personality of her's?? Where did it go?

I sighed in defeat. I am really scared of her 'this' personality.

"What do I have to do?" I asked her.

"I don't know." She replied.

"Eh?" I widened my eyes again. Is she serious?

"Joseph hasn't told me about it yet." She replied.

"I see, do I have to kill somebody?" I asked her.

"I don't think so, no." She said and I sighed with relief.

Now what is this new drama? I really want to go back to the company, eat proper food and go to sleep. I want to meet my team mates but I am stuck here with her. I whined in my mind.

"What are you thinking about?" She asked me and I flinched.

"N-Nothing!" I said.

"Fine, then follow me now." She said.

God, please keep me safe.