제8장 (Chapter 8)

"Did you just say..." I paused and looked at him confusedly.

"What?" he said nervously. I squinted my eyes and observed him. I pouted my lips and made my face near to him.

"...you're starting to like me?" I continued my question as I looked at his reaction.

I leaned back at my pillow as he tried to avoid my look. He looked around and think of something to answer nervously which is obviously seen in his face.

"No..." he answered still not looking at me.

I looked at him once again and observed.

"Maybe I just misunderstood," I shrugged as he let out a relieving sigh.

But I heard he said he likes me.

I let out a big sigh and got my phone from the coffee table beside me. As I slid the screen, he opened his mouth that made me glanced at him and wait to say something.

"I don't like you.." he said. I looked at him; straight face and wasn't shocked. Instead, I was totally angry.

I mean, he kissed me (and it sucks because I dreamt of having my first kiss in my wedding), he helped me in my bike, he told me cheesy things, he's one of my admirers back then, he shared table with us and even removed the crumbs in my chin, then helped me a while ago with those nonsense issues and he didn't even felt liking me? What kind of person is he?

I was disappointed. It was a total mistake that I liked him. He is so hard to understand, I can't read his mind!

"The hell, hope you help yourself find a heart," I whispered to myself. He looked at me, smiling. I would really kill this alien! Just, how can he smile? I mean, yeah right. I'm so done. He even took care of me and how he greeted my mom a while ago! Isn't that a sign of likeness? I can actually call it a sign of love!

"I don't like you.. I think, I'm starting to love you," he said, rubbing the back of his neck.

I clutched my pillow to my chest. Did he say he love me? Did he?

"Seriously?" I tried to ignore my feelings and asked him confidently.

"Uhmm.. No, I'm just kidding!" he said laughing.

The pillow I was clutching a while ago hit his face hard.

"HOW THE HELL CAN YOU SAY THAT DESPITE ALL THOSE HELPS YOU GAVE AND THAT EFFING KISS!!" I shouted as I continuously hit him with the pillow.

"Did you just get angry because I don't like you?" he laughed that made me stop hitting him.

"I'm gonna tell you this, I don't like you. I told you before that I like Sooyeon. And yes, I thought she was you but I started to love her. Why? Because she's my type. She's like my Ms. Right. And you, I like you as.. Maybe a friend? And I helped you because you need help. That's all. You're just giving it meanings. That's why you got hurt in the end," he explained, still smiling.

I admit that I'm the one giving meanings but, if you were at his situation, wouldn't you start to like someone you always help or talk? He even kissed me but he didn't gain any likeness for me? And he can even smile telling me those things? I can really kill someone right now.

"I'll go down, I want to see my friends.." I said as I let go of the pillow from my hand.

"Oh, Bangtan's here right?" I asked. He looked at me and nodded.

"I kind of wanted to see Jimin.." I said. He glanced at me and laughed.

"What are you trying to do?" he said.