She's been drinking

A/N: Hey guys just wanted to thank all of you that are reading. Thanks for the support and enjoy!!!! Please let me know what you think by commenting and voting! (if any of y'all are wondering the song is tipsy by j-kwon)

This week's shoutout : @Supernova_1020

Xoxo Alayna

Shay

         "Surprise me," I whisper to the universe throwing a coin into the fountain centered in the vineyard courtyard. Hopefully, whoever's out there is listening.

         Today is one of my best friend's wedding day. Everyone is happy and very drunk. But instead of joining the party I'm here sitting on the edge of this fountain contemplating life and loneliness. Axelle and Brice had met last year, quickly falling for each other. They became inseparable. Once Elle discovered she was pregnant the natural course of things took over. Seeing them here today, so in love they wanted to express it in this way, made me wonder what life has in store for me.

So, again, here I sit alone at a fountain. Naturally, I'm an introvert but today I wanted to be a different me. I wanted to be Friday night me. The fun, uninhibited drunk me but maybe a tad bit more. Instead of thinking I'd just do.

         I see one of the groomsmen at the bar. I take a seat next to him and order three shots with a flute of champagne. Greedily downing them, I order another round.

"Rough day?" the groomsman questions.

"Something like that," I respond downing another shot. This guy looks so familiar to me, but I can't place where I know him from, "Shouldn't you be on the dance floor charming one of the bride's cousins? Or finding a lucky girl to take home with you?"

         "Who's to say I haven't had my eye on someone. She may be even closer than I think." He chuckles, watching my every move. My body is light up up with unplacable recognition of this man.

"In your dreams, Honey." I finally get up from my seat turning back to say, "I know you from somewhere. Meet me on the dance floor so I can figure out how," confident he'd follow.

On the dance floor, I am living it up. Letting loose is proving to be just what I needed. Tall, dark, and scrumptious is an amazing dancer. He's very smooth. After a few hours, it's time for a break. I sit next to Claire and Elle, my two best friends, kicking off my heels and propping my feet in an empty chair.

"What's gotten into you?" Elle asks

"More like who's going to. I saw you with that guy" Claire quips.

"Well if he does get into me I hope it feels as good as he looks," I say mischievously. They both look at me stunned that I even said the words out loud.

"What has happened to you?" Elle chokes out trying to swallow her wine, "That's Brice and Jasper's friend, you know."

"Maybe I'm finally coming out of my shell," I hiccup.

"She's been drinking," Claire deducts.

"Yup," Elle agrees nodding her head vigorously

"I'm not drunk. I've just decided to be the me I really am" I inform them "And he might be the first step"

"We have to see how this plays out," Claire giggles leaning back in her chair.

"Watch and learn bitches. Me and Scrumptious over there will be leaving together" I tell them confidently strutting back to the dance floor.