No kissing while cooking

A/N; Shout out of the week goes to @k8tie03 for adding Naughty Neighbors to your reading list! And Thank you to everyone who is reading my work and Voting it means so much to me!!!!! Please do not forget to let me know what you guys think by leaving a comment and voting.

Xoxo Alayna

Shay

Garret is an amazing teacher. When he said we'd take it slow he meant that we started off with basic chopping then went on to make omelets then stir-fry and other simple things. While I chopped the vegetables, we talked.

"So, how'd you start writing," Garrett asked to break the silence.

"Um, I just sort of did. One day when I was about ten I just grabbed a piece of paper and it was like the words took over," I confess, "At first it was just silly little things like whack poems then it evolved into books."

"But why romance," he asks while concocting a stir fry sauce.

"I used to have a fantasy that when I got old enough the perfect guy would come and take me away from my shitty circumstances," I say gathering up the chopped veggies and put them in the pan, "It never happened but it is nice to have a way to escape your reality every now and then."

"Have you ever thought of teaching," Garret asks passing me the raw chicken to toss in the pan.

"I used to," I say not elaborating. I pause then change the subject, "So, how'd you get into photography."

Garrett must've noticed that he hit a nerve. He eyed me and even made a move to put his hand on my shoulder but pulled it back. I could tell by the way he opened then closed his mouth. Instead of trying to say something he just continued helping me fix dinner.

"I, uh, always had a knack for it," he shrugs.

"But why, pictures" I say stating the question slightly different.

"There's just something about seeing the world differently," he says facing me. After a moment he reaches up and touches my cheek saying, "There's just something about capturing beauty."

He lets his words settle as we stare into each other's eyes. Before I knew it, our lips were locked. The kiss was simple but powerful. Once our lips part I cannot even think. It takes a moment to shake myself out of the weird headspace I found myself in.

Once I can form words I blurt out, "Real fucking smooth but, no kissing while cooking. I don't want the food to burn."

Garrett lets out a roar of a laugh and turns back to the stove continuing our night with friendly conversation and our own weird buffet variety.