CHAPTER #14

#CHAPTER FOURTEEN

 "I didn't want to wake up. I was having a much better time asleep. And that's really sad. It was almost like a reverse nightmare, like when you wake up from a nightmare you're so relieved. I woke up into a nightmare."

After a long weekend for Chloe, she promised to herself that she won't cry anymore. That she won't missed Beca. That she will act normal to the others if they mentioned her.

But as soon as she entered their classroom, the first thing she noticed Beca wasn't on her chair.

She was almost late when the person who were just next to her were their teacher and classmate, Mr. Mitchell and Theo who's also in rush and sweating.

Beca was absent. She couldn't help but to be nervous. She has no time to ask her seatmates about the celebration when they began with a quiz. She looked at her left, Aubrey's too concentrated while on her right was Stacie who look stressed. They had no make ups.

It's getting on her nerves. She saw it before exactly the day was announced Jessica's death.

No. He couldn't be chill that much if her daughter was dead.

Chloe just stayed focus on her classes.

When the break came, Jesse and Benji sits with them.

"You guys know where Beca was?" Jesse asked as he sat across the girls, beside Aubrey and Benji. Chloe wants to ask that too but she's really hesitating about them suspecting her. And that's really bullshit. She wasn't trusting them about her relationship to Beca and that's the real bullshit. "I'm worried about her. Did you notice her behaviour that night?"

"Yeah but her father was there. We don't have to worry." Aubrey said and took a sip of her drink.

"If she had those discreet bruises on her and her father wasn't doing anything, or Beca not telling him about it, there's really something wrong, right?" Jesse asked. Benji nodded. "I'm going to her house after class."

"What? You know her house?" Chloe asked abruptly. Everyone looked at her.

"Yeah? Aubrey drove her home that Friday night so I knew where she was right now, why?" Jesse asked back. Chloe looked at Aubrey incredulously.

"What? What's wrong with that?" Aubrey asked to her.