CHAPTER #29

#CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

Aubrey's already awake but she couldn't still see her father since she woke up. Her mother told her that he's coming tonight that made her content and just wait for him. She never see her father so concern to her before and knowing they went here was making her smile.

After all, she's wounded and first one who will be worried to her is her family.

Suddenly, her father entered the room with his straight face. Aubrey ignored it and just smiled at him as he sat on the couch with his work suitcase. He's working as an owner and manager of their restaurant and he occasionally went there to observe.

"Good evening, Sir-

"What is happening to you?" Her father cut off. "Why are you getting involve with this kind of commotion? Did I pay your school and make you study in a religious school just to happen this?"

"Dad-

"No, Aubrey. I let you passed of always late home-

"It's not always dad, it's just-

"Aubrey." Her mom cut off.

Aubrey gave them a stern look as a tear influx on her eyes. She shut her eyes and opened it again as she let out an air. "No... Let me talk! You're always shutting me up! I'm in a hospital right now and all I want is your concern yet you're still scolding at me because I'm here! When I will be a right daughter to you dad?"

Mr. Posen just stared at her daughter there who's crying on her hands. "I-Aubrey, listen. When I came from Spain, I never fully learned how to turn off that part of my life. When I was younger, my father used to lock us in a closet to punish us and raised a belt to our backsides when we needed it. I'm not saying I was perfect but I did what I did because I know what it takes to be a Posen and if I didn't raise you with an iron fist, you would have strayed." He paused and took his suitcase. "I guess I didn't come down you hard enough because look at you now. You did stray."

Aubrey watched him walk away before quickly stood up making the needle on the back of her hand removed causing a blood gushed on it. Her mom gasped on it and went out of the room to call the nurses but she just ignored the pain coz all she have to her mind now is her father getting tired of her. She reached out to grab his hand to stop him from taking another step.

Tightening her grip as her father who's wide eyes and tried to pull from her grasp to check and reach her bleeding hand but she didn't let him, she cried out, "No father, please don't go. I didn't stray. I'm still your better daughter, I really am." She wiped at her eyes desperately, not wanting to give her dad another reason to consider her weak before continuing. "I will not do that again, let me prove to you I'm a Posen who's not weak." With a sigh, her father reached out and pulled his daughter. Aubrey launched herself into his arms and held into him in a vicelike grip he could change his mind and leave her. She buried her face in his the crook his shoulder and sobbed over and over again, "Let me show you I'm strong... just don't go away."

oOo

After a weekend of the incident, Chloe decided to go to school. She has no wounds or anything and knowing that everything's already fine, she must see Beca.

As she excitedly entered their class, she began to search for Beca's presence and noticed there's so many vacant seats but stopped when Stacie spoke.

"She's not going to school so you may take your seat." Stacie said nonchalantly so Chloe sat beside her.

"Where is she?" Chloe asked, Stacie just shrugged and put a piece of paper on her desk. She's not yet okay but after her non-fatal wound coz it's just a faint shot on her waist and the bullet get through her onto Bumper, luckily, no organs had been damage. "What's this?"