7-Truth or Dare

Tyler and Josh have been best friends for five years now. Out of those five years, they've secretly liked each other the whole time. They met in fifth grade; Tyler invited Josh over to go swimming one summer when nobody else was available to hang out. They ended up hitting it off better than expected.

They're in tenth grade now, both fifteen years old. Josh is staying the night at Tyler's house because Tyler's parents are out with Josh's. They're sitting on Tyler's bed, sharing a glass of milk and a package of Oreos.

"I'm bored," Josh announces over the background music they have playing.

"Me too."

Josh hands Tyler another Oreo, purposely brushing their hands together. They both blush.

"Wanna play a game?"

"Like what?" Tyler asks, stuffing an Oreo into his mouth.

"Truth or dare?"

"Sure."

"Okay I'll go first. Truth or dare?"

Josh has this big grin on his face, he thinks he's so slick. Tyler catches on.

"Truth," he smiles, little bits of the chocolate cookie is stuck between his teeth but Josh doesn't care.

"Do you want to kiss me?"

Tyler stares are his friend, dumbfounded. What kind of question is that?

"Dare," Tyler changes his mind.

"I dare you to kiss me," Josh nearly whispers, leaning in close.

"U-Um... Never have I ever-"

"That's not the game!" Josh's head falls back as he laughs, making Tyler laugh too. Josh looks so good when he laughs.

"Oh, darn. Guess I lose then."

"Why didn't you say yes or no?" Josh tests, every so slowly inching his way closer to Tyler.

"Um... I-I don't know, it doesn't matter."

"Do you want to kiss me?" Josh repeats.

Tyler's blushing hard. His ears are hot and his heart feels like it's going to burst. He shrugs.

"If you want to, just say so. I might want to kiss you too."

"You want to kiss me?" Tyler manages to get out.

"Maybe, do you?"

"Yeah," Tyler finally admits, and he's so nervous but Josh's smile makes him feel better.

"You do?"

"Yeah."

"Can I kiss you, then?"

Tyler nods, really hoping his breath doesn't stink. Josh smiles hard; he leans in close and their foreheads touch. They're both so nervous, this is new to them. They'd never even kissed a girl before, let alone a boy. Let alone each other.

Josh moves slow, his lips parting ever so slightly as they come in contact with Tyler's. Tyler's head tilts, his nose bumping against Josh's. They giggle on each other's lips, young hearts racing.

Josh's hands come to cup Tyler's warm cheeks, pulling him deeper into the kiss. It's sort of awkward; they're not sure how to breathe or how exactly to move their lips. They're trying though, that's all that matters. 

Tyler tastes like oreos and milk, the sweetness only makes Josh want more. His hands move to Tyler's hips before he's pulling Tyler onto his lap. Tyler isn't feeling so shy anymore. His arms wraps around Josh's neck, one of his hands making their way into the boy's curls.

This isn't just a kiss, Josh realizes. It's more like a make out session, which is totally okay with him. The boys simply make out with each other for a minute or so before Tyler pulls away, panting.

"It's hard to breathe when you kiss," he points out, both of them laughing.

"I was thinking the same thing."

"Was I good?" Tyler asks, nervously.

"I wouldn't have kissed you for so long if it wasn't good, Ty."

"Oh, right," Tyler smiles.

"Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Josh asks.

Even though they just made out, it still takes Tyler off guard. He's surprised, but excitedly nods his head yes. He's liked Josh for such a long time.

"Okay, cool."

They're both smiling real big, simply looking into each other's eyes. Neither knows what to say, they don't want to ruin the moment.

"I like you a lot," Josh finally speaks up.

"I like you too."

Josh glances at the clock above Tyler's door. It's 11 pm.

"Are you tired?"

"Yeah," Tyler responds. "You?"

"Yeah."

"Let me take care of this and we can go to sleep," Tyler says, holding up the Oreos and milk.

"I'll help."

Josh carries the glass still half full of milk while Tyler carries the nearly empty package of oreos. They take care of everything and race each other back upstairs. Josh let Tyler win.

"Now I'm really tired," Tyler yawned, sliding his shirt off.

Josh blushed, looking at his new boyfriends bare chest. They'd been shirtless around each other before, but it felt different now. They were boyfriends now.

"Me too," Josh finally responds, taking his own shirt off.

He climbs into Tyler's bed in his gym shorts, and watches the younger turn the light off. Tyler joins him, laying on his side to face Josh. They look at each other while their eyes adjust to the darkness.

"Can we cuddle?" Tyler suggests.

"Yeah, come here."

Tyler gratefully scoots closer to his boyfriend; he feels an arm around around his shoulders as his head comes to rest on Josh's bare chest. Their legs tangle together, and Tyler smiles as he hears how fast Josh's heart is beating.

"Night," he mumbles, his eyes closing as he listens to Josh's heart.

"Night, baby," Josh responds, making the both of them smile for the last time that night.