CS - Voltron (LD) - Virus Among Us (IP)

Fandom: Voltron: Legendary Defender
Genre: Adventure, Angst, Family, Fluff, Friendship, Hurt-Comfort, Psychological, Romance, Sci-Fi, Slice of Life, Space Opera, Suspense
Ships: Keith and Allura
Headcanons: Keith and Shiro are siblings, Keith and Ryo are twins, Keith is autistic, Keith is actually Altean and not Galra

The best place to start is...

Contrary to popular belief, Virus Among Us is actually not Klance. The fact Keith and Lance's names are in the summary doesn't mean that's the pairing I choose for this particular fic. It never was. In fact, Lance was never meant to get the character development or the role he ended up getting in this story. He wasn't supposed to start making friends with Keith, but things just fell into place. And no, the pieces aren't going to fall in place where I nix the original pairing in favor of Klance either.

I bring this up because this particular story keeps getting added to lists for Klance. While I don't mind my readers choosing to read Klance into the narrative, that's not the direction I am going. Adding the story to Klance lists and similar lists isn't going to change the direction the story is going. I've also had people outright mock the ship I am shipping, among other things.

The story focuses on Keith and Shiro's relationship as brothers. Keith gets sick because the two encountered a virus which effects those who are Altean. Specifically, it is a childhood illness that all Altean's get. Keith of course manages to get it bad, but ends up being treated like a child. Lance finds out Keith and Shiro's secret, but there is also misunderstandings because Keith and Shiro are sick going in all directions.

Allura is also wanting to get closer to Keith, but wishes to take things easy on him, yet her social advances aren't going well. Keith finds himself confused about his own feelings, but enter the need to do other things despite the fact Keith isn't fully recovered. Coran's attempts to protect Shiro and Keith from another truth - well, they ultimately fail.