MAX and a Grey Sky

"Wake the hell up."

Ruby was laughing and flicking Scrim in the side of the head. Scrim yelled and rolled off of the chair swatting at nothing. One of his hands still clung onto yours. Your eyes shot open, and instantly you were laughing with Ruby. The living room was dark, but not with the darkness of true night. The time must have been early the next morning- ridiculously early.
"Max is gonna be chugging over soon.", Ruby reached towards the coffee table and took a cigarette from a carton.

However, you hadn't seen Scrim smoke anything but weed since the accident. Maybe it reminded him too much of the final fatal moments.

Scrim groaned and rubbed his eyes with his free hand, "The fuck...? He always works on weird ass hours I swear to God- remember tour? He was up andn running at the damn weirdest times. When did he even sleep?"

Ruby shrugged and lit the cigarette, "3:17 a.m. is about standard for Max to say he's comin'.", The acidic scent filled up the room quickly.

You ate dry cereal and scrubbed your mouth free of any last bits of alcohol. Your rough outfit was partially replaced with better pants, but the huge hoodie remained. Ruby commented that your hair was cute when it was messy, but he escaped before you could thank him. Everyone was moving; everyone was hustling through the house and getting ready for an event. The rest of the world seemed to be dead silent, but a small gathering was going to occur right in the humble house.
Ruby threw his hat on, and Scrim gathered his dreads into a tight bunch on the top of his head. Silent mental preparations were the main touch.
Headlights flared and lit up the windows. Then, a car clicked off and the light vanished. Ruby opened the door ajar and stepped back. A car door slammed, and Max kicked the door open smiling.
"Heyyy-ayYYYEEE!", Max threw his arms wide and hugged them both.
His voice was gruff and smoky. Bright blonde hair was pushed upwards as a messy quiff. His wide jaw tapered to a slightly smaller forehead, adorned with dark blue eyes. His look was unmistakable; he looked like a personal maniac. His small lips parted into an open smile in your direction. Realizing he was looking at you, you grinned back shyly.

This is one of their photographers- but as of this current tour, their main photographer Max. He's pretty lit!

    "Well hello, I've heard about ya, but I don't think we've really met

"Well hello, I've heard about ya, but I don't think we've really met.", his voice was caked with smoke.
"Yo, hi- I'm Y/N, it's really cool to meet you."
Your hands were about to shake his, but he instead opened up himself and gave you a full hug.
Scrim took note, "Max ain't usually this happy- rare event right here."
"Cause I missed y'all ever since tour ended man. And whose lil' girl is this?", Max eyes swiftly darted between Ruby and Scrim curiously. His smirk was burning the room.
Ruby and Scrim stood still, trying to find words for themselves. This time, you weren't going to be as quiet.
"Well, I just live here."

His head swung back at you, eyes wide for a moment. Then, Max's lips curled into a deeper grin and his face lightened, "No shit? Hell- don't have to explain anymore... well-fucking-done."
You felt your face heat up, "Thanks."

Soon, all three guys were bunched up on the couch together, collectively reaching over each other and tapping at a single laptop. They either spoke below what you could understand, or shouted excited reactions. Editing. You checked the window and stared out. Your eyes adjusted to the darkness and focused in through the glass. On the other side, the sky was deep grey. Clouds rumbled overhead, soaking up the moonlight and creating a dull wooly texture that undulated in and out of vision. The image was stunning.

"Watcha seeing out there?", Max called out.
You turned around and saw him peaking above the laptop. Ruby and Scrim were still burying their faces in the screen.
"Oh- the grey sky."
"I saw that when I was coming over- I like the early morning sky.", He handed the laptop to Scrim and stood up, "I'll be back guys."
He walked over to you and pushed his face towards the window. He waited until his eye adjusted and then smiled, "Yeah- that's exactly what I was talking about."
"scrim told me that you're out and about at the weirdest hours... Is this a reason or...?"
He scoffed at you playfully, "Time is some stupid shit Y/N. I know it's real, but that doesn't mean I have to accept it. I feel best when I'm doin' my own shit. And sure, 'cause the sky is pretty."
"You sound like a dropout philosopher.", you said with a laugh. He snorted softly and shook his head.
"Yo, guys, I'm gonna make a quick run and I'll be back. Keep messing with ideas for awhile."
They nodded and Max suddenly grabbed your hand. Ruby's eyes flashed.
"What are ya doin'?"

Max waved them off with his free hand, "Oh- I'm taking her with me."