$crim's Invitation

Author's Note: I know it has been some days. That's the school crunch for ya, but I hope I pull through for y'all. <3

    "I don't wanna stay out here too late at night. We should just go home."

    Ruby pulled his shirt back on and looked out of the back window. Meanwhile, you cuddled into the blanket and relaxed. He was amused watching you.

    "You can stay there on the way back if ya want. I'll drive slowly."

    You murmured your thanks and curled up onto your side with the blankets cocooning you. A few car doors opened and closed, then the world shifted. You rolled over again as Ruby pulled the car out and took off back home. The trip was brief and foggy from exhaustion. When he pulled back up into the driveway, you grabbed your clothing and kept the blanket wrapped tightly around you. Ruby opened the back door and helped you out.
    "Can I just keep the blanket on and go to bed?"
    He sighed, "Yeah I don't see why not."

    Happily naked under your blanket, you pranced up the driveway. Moisture had formed on the grass; you reached out with a side sweep of your foot and touched the pricks of dew. The air was foggy and lit in a pale blue shade by the moon. You imagined the summertime when fireflies would be glowing through the haze. Ruby looked absolutely drained and dragged onwards behind you, then he opened the door after picking the wrong key twice. He almost passed by and went to his room, but paused and kissed your cheek before closing the door. You stood alone in the darkness of the living room. You stared down at your toes and wiggled them on the worn away floor, suddenly excited to be back in their house. You put your clothes down on the couch and tucked the blanket into itself so that it hung off like a dress. The word "Foulplay" displayed on the blanket distorted.
    The house looked different at night. Something about its coziness by day escaped at night. Nothing was necessarily unsettling, but the air wasn't thick or like a full-bodied hug. You carried yourself with a pretend elegance through the house, inspecting the nooks and crannies. You came upon a door that had previously gone unchecked and pushed it open gingerly. The moment you saw the edge of a bed you grabbed the handle to hurriedly closed the door. You found Scrim's bedroom on accident. Hoping he was asleep, you turned around, tightened the towel, and tried tip-toeing back towards your room.

    "What are ya sneakin' around for?"

    You froze and twisted your head to the left. Scrim was approaching through the entrance of the kitchen in the darkness. His grill glittered when he smiled at you. You instinctively snagged the blanket tunic and held it to your body. Scrim's eyes traced your curves anyways.
    You shrugged, "Wandering- didn't mean to find your room though."
    Scrim brushed past you and opened his door halfway, then paused, "Hey, I'm going to meet up with some artists tomorrow. I dunno if you know them but if you wanted to have a good time, you're welcome to come."
    You stepped back and thought hard. You were nervous about getting too close to Scrim in the wake of... events between he and you, but the prospect of meeting other people was exhilarating. Not everyone got a chance to tag along through the inside world of underground artists.
    "I mean... That would be really cool actually."
    Scrim smiled again and pushed his dreads away from his face, "Alright. We'll be goin' out late tomorrow, and then dunno when we'll be back. You aight?"
    "That's fine, I'll see you then."

---

    "Ruby, could I wear one of these shirts from the dresser tonight?", your hands sifted through mini mountains of old merch and rare brand drops.
    Ruby stopped next to the ajar door and walked in, unaware you'd neglected to wear clothing. His eyes went wide momentarily, and then he simmered down and began talking, "Uh, yeah, as long as you don't fuck any up. I'd have to kill you! Kidding, don't look at me like that. Uhm... Where are you goin' tonight though?"
    "Scrim is taking me out to see some other artists tonight and invited me to join the scene."
    Ruby's gaze was concerned for a few dangerous seconds, "Oh..."
    "Did you want me to stay or something?"
    "No, it's fine. Imma meet up with some of my own guys then and chill tonight."

    You dug up a shirt from some years before and decided it was a decent enough size for you. The t-shirt was black and diagonally decorated with different guns in solid white silhouettes. Nothing about tonight made you think about dressing to be pretty. The FTP shirt did the job.
    If THAT wasn't edgy, nothing was. You threw it on the bed and dug into the clothing you carried for yourself. Underneath your trusty jeans and leggings, you found the mini black skirt you kept for special occasions.
    You tugged the shirt on and admired yourself in the mirror; the shirt indeed halfway fit. While tugging the mini skirt up past your thighs, your heard Scrim in the hallway call out.
    "Hey, we're gonna leave early. I needa stop somewhere first."

    The clock had just struck 6 o'clock a few minutes back, but you shrugged and hurried up. Your feet sunk into your beaten down converse and you finger-combed your hair. You were out of the door in a few hot seconds. Before you sped out of the door, Ruby grabbed you wrist and pulled back.
    "Hold up, you're missin' something."
    He reached out and placed one of his caps backwards on your head over the sleepy tangles in your hair. It held down the messes your fingers couldn't comb out. The cap was embroidered with a single razor blade, continuing the black and white theme. You thanked him, grabbed his shoulders, and kissed him. His face was warm as you exited the house and closed the door.

    Scrim opened the driver's door and laughed immediately. You jumped into the passenger's seat unaware for a moment until you realized he was looking at the back two rows of seats which were still flattened into a floor. His eyes revealed how much he knew about that queue, and then he silently revved the SUV and drove you away. Only then had you secretly felt that you had forgotten something. Your legs twitched nervously. Nothing was under your mini-skirt; you'd rushed too quickly.

    Oh, okay. Great. Classic moves.

    Scrim pinched a cigarette between his teeth and reached for a lighter in his pocket. You scrunched your nose up and sighed. Between the image and aesthetics came the soft realizations of death and how the clock can be sped up.

     Ah fuck it, his life.

    Scrim turned into an estranged parking lot where he then left the car to enter a liquor store with barred windows. He hurried back out, dreads swinging, with a glistening bottle wrapped in brown paper. He hopped into the driver's seat and tossed it straight into your lap. You yelped and clutched it against your thighs in surprise as Scrim pulled out in double the hurry.
    "That didn't take so long- so why did we have to leave so much earlier?"
    Scrim's face swerved around, inspecting traffic, "Just don't worry 'bout it, aight?"
     You leaned back and shrugged, "Okay- well excuse me, damn."
    He drove for merely a half hour before pulling around a humble little building. It wasn't as worn as the surroundings, but nothing impressive. Another car was parked behind the building and Scrim pulled up next to it. He reached right into your lap and grabbed the bottle from the brown paper. His nails pressed through the thin skirt while snatching the bottle. He practically bursted from the car. You followed, careful that no wind blew and, well, showed anything.
    Scrim knocked roughly on a solid metal door and waited like he was suddenly too impatient. When Pouya opened the door, you shook from surprise. He hugged Scrim and then pointed at you.
    "Yo, who she?"
    "My girl."