Confrontation of a Skeleton

Author's note: AAAAAAAA

---Literally minutes later---

    You rolled through the bed so that the blanket encased you with your head poking out of the top. Scrim laughed and reached down to pet your hair. He reached to his desk and grabbed a laptop covered in stickers. He plopped down on the bed next to you and immediately opened the laptop. His screen was full of rows filled with bars of sound samples. The stacked rows formed beats.
    You rolled onto your side so that your head rested on his chest. Scrim proceeded to put headphones on so that one ear was covered, and the one towards you wasn't. As if he hadn't stopped previously, he instantly dragged and dropped samples around from row to row. Then, he'd play it for a few seconds and rearrange again.
    "How on earth do you just do that?", you asked.
    He shrugged, "Been doing it for so long so I guess it just comes to me."
    You pressed your face into his chest and softly inhaled.
    "What made you wanna start doing this?"
    He paused the music in his headphones, "Ya mean like, making music?"
    "Mhm."
    He sighed, "I mean, I always liked making beats 'n shit... I guess like, wasting away on a couch high as fuck wasn't cutting it for me at some point. I just... had to get out of my slump somehow. Ruby was there for me eventually, and it just clicked that this was what I wanted. The suicide pact made it real and here we are."
    You blinked hard and pressed your face harder into his chest, "I know about the pact you made but like- was it legit or-"
    He laughed, "Hell yeah, whole nine yards. We had the blood and shit."

    You both laid in silence, staring at the computer screen in unison without any movement.

    "Y/N, do you like me?"
    "What?"
    "I just... I see how you are with Ruby, and then with me.."
    You threw your arm around him and squeezed, "Scrim Scrim-"
    "I'm Scott, Y/N. I care about ya, and I don't make people I care about call me by a stage name."
    You froze, "So I... you.."
    He grabbed you and pulled you in close so that your face pressed into his neck. His fingers held you so tightly that they nearly dug into you. His skin was hot to the touch and flushed. Gently, you kissed the side of his neck and heard him inhale softly.
    "I don't want ya worrying about the family tonight. They'll be fine. Just enjoy how it is now.", his voice trailed off delicately.
    You kissed his neck again, feeling the pulse on your lips. He pulled the headphones off and fit them snuggly onto your head.
    "Tell me how this sounds."
    He tapped a key and closed the laptop slowly.
    You stared up at the ceiling and heard a soft roll of sound which then filled with distorted vocals. The tone was somber, but perfectly nostalgic. After an instance of the beat rattling around, the base surged forth where verses would go. The music peaked and paused at a pristine moment, then crashed back in. When it faded out, a smile was already formed on your face. Scott took the headphones off of you.
    "It isn't done yet, but how was that?"
    "If that's the rough draft, then the final version could do some damage. It's really good."
    He grinned and pushed the laptop off of his abdomen. For a moment, you thought he would kiss you or take over, but instead, he sat up and put the laptop away. You pushed your arms out of the blanket cocoon to help yourself sit up.
    "What are you doing?"
    "I should really like, honestly clean myself up. I'll be back after to take care of you."
    You giggled, "I'd like that a lot, but maybe I need to clean up too?"
    His brow raised, "Oh really?"

---

    You both trotted down the hallway silently towards the bathroom. Scott's hand trailed behind his body so that you could hold it and follow him. Once inside of the bathroom, he closed the door and turned towards you. His grin beamed through the darkness, which he then partially fixed by turning on a light over the sink. The majority of the bathroom was still dim.
    Scott's silhouette undressed in front of you. His shirt practically melted off to the floor. You could immediately see the subtle shifts in his skin color where tattoos swirled as shadowy flames.
    "Your turn, take something off."
    You blinked and shook your head, "OH-oh..."
    The continued smirk on his face coaxed you to toss your shirt aside and unhook the bra underneath. His eyes traveled from your waist to neck, burning into your skin. His pants came off, followed by a finger pointing at your hips. Immediately you kicked off your pants and put your weight on one leg- standing awkwardly. His smile grew and he reached into the shower to turn on the water. As he turned and bent over, the muscles of his back rippled underneath a tattoo of some passage. From shoulders to lower back, words were sprawled out.
    "Hold on, lemme read that-", you pressed your fingers onto his back.
    Scott froze and stiffened as you whispered out the full message on his back.