Stake A Claim

Pouya watched your body physically jerk and turn to Scrim. He smiled awkwardly and seemed to sense the disturbance boiling in your blood.
    "Aighttttt... I'm gonna let Ghoste know y'all are here and bring him out. Come on in."
    Pouya left and $pAcrim casually walked in. Meanwhile, you stood frozen behind the threshold. Scrim turned back at you and raised an eyebrow.
    You raised your voice, "I'm your what?"
    He held up his hands defensively, "I dunno, everyone here is casual and I just didn't wanna explain. It's a force a' habit."
    You rubbed your face and sighed.

    Force of habit my ass.

    "Look, you can't just go and say that shit."
    Scrim leaned on the doorframe, "Is this about you and, Ruby? Did ya get together?"
    You face burned, "he- we didn't, but.."
    Scrim narrowed his eyes, "But what? Y'all two ain't together, but it's about Ruby? Look, I'm just tryna have a good time and chill with people. It's easier for you to be my girl than for you to be a random lil' shawty.", he leaned forward and brushed his lips along the edge your ear, "And if Ruby didn't cuff you then why get so paranoid about it?"
    You caught chills and backed away, "You... are sorta right-"
    "Course I am. Now come on in."

    His gaze held you like puppet strings and lured you inside. You stepped in and found yourself in quite an odd interior. The building felt like another home hidden inside of a building. A velvety carpet covered half of the floor where squishy couches laid. Doors in back indicated what could possibly have been recording rooms, but you were unsure. Your heart continued to race over Scrim's demeanor.
    Ghostemane followed Pouya out from behind a door and into the main room. Acrim gave him a hug and they exchanged greetings. He turned to you, silvery hair flourishing, and nodded with a smile.

In case you dunno Ghostemane or what he looks like, here ya go!

    "Nice to meet you. You know me?"
    Your face went warm, "I uh..."
    You kept your cover and let Acrim speak, "She's a long story- Y/N has some history now. She's cool though."
    Pouya spoke up again, "Aight so, we gonna work on shit? Cause I need your opinion on some production Scott."
    Scrim nodded and turned back to you as he headed back with them, "Here, take a blunt and light up. Do whatever, I'll be back inna bit."
    You snatched the joint from his palm and let all three artists vanish to their personal world. You stood in awe, realizing how remarkable your situation had become. You lit it up and and plopped onto a couch. A warm type of time passed. Your body melted down on the cushions and your eyes fluttered. Before you could stop yourself, the desire to nap overcame you.

    "Y/N, wake up babe."

    You tossed your head to the side and rubbed an eye. Your gaze focused in on Ghoste who was crouched in front of you. You tried sitting up and stretching, but everything felt heavier and muted.
    "Yeah... yeah?"
    "Scrim asked me to see what you were up to cause he called you but no response. I'm the workhorse right now I guess."
    The daze of waking up still high made the impact much more apparent. You shrugged and laughed at Ghoste, "Well see, I'm fine. Just baked as fuck."
    His eyes softened and he pushed a lock of hair away from your eyes as Scrim turned the corner and looked down at you on the couch. Ghoste stood up quickly and stepped back. He stretched and went to chat with Pouya instead. You wiggled on the couch cushions and tried propping yourself up towards Scrim. While you waved at him, he blinked rapidly.
    "So you're just wearing nothin' under that skirt?"
    "Huh- wha-"

    The thoughtless nap and stretching afterwards on the couch had pushed your skirt up wickedly high on one thigh so that the curve of your ass was displayed. You grabbed the fabric and yanked it down while heat burned your face. You looked down, embarrassed beyond belief. He laughed, and smoothly sat down next to you.
    "They're pretty excited to be working together on shit. I'm mainly here to hang cause we all chill. It's been awhile since I last saw them. When their shit drops, it's gonna be HEAT."
    His body warmth drew you back in when the delirium of a solid high-hangover settled back in. You leaned over against his side and shut your eyes. His hand swept over your hair. As you felt sleep coming back on, his fingers tapped your thigh and slipped under the skirt. Unlike usual when you had been nervous or unsettled, you warmly accepted his touch. Something about the dazed moment freed you of stress. His hand danced dangerously close between your legs, and your skin electrified. He had made a point earlier. Ruby and you had never gotten together, so how uncalled for was this? Couldn't you still do as you pleased?

     Smoke. Smoke in my lungs gone all in my brain. There's ashes in my eyes.

    The fingertips slid up and down under the skirt on your thigh, climbing higher steadily.
    "You wanna have a fun time?"
    You glanced up at Scrim's darkened eyes. A storm brooded behind those pupils.
    "Yeah, let's have that fun time- but, this doesn't make me 'your girl', okay?"
    Scrim scoffed, "You got it."