Chapter 7 - Legends

Mitch's POV

My phone rings and I don't reconize the number. I'm hesitant to answer it, but what if it's Lili? I finally decide to answer the phone call. I'm greeted by Lola shouting into the phone.

"What's wrong?" I say while she pauses to breathe.

"Lili's in the Forbidden Forest!" She enunciates every word so I can understand. But, at the same time, I don't understand. Why and How is Lili in the Forbidden Forest? Another question enters my mind and I have just got to ask it.

"How do you know that?" I inquire. What could have tipped her off about that?

"Someone left a note on the window pointing to the forest and under it, they wrote 'Find Her'! Seems like a red flag that Lili is there!" As Lola says that, Ty enters my room.

'Did Lola tell you?' He mouths. I nod. Now I know why Lola has my number; Ty must has given it to her. I wonder if she has Jason's, too... I mentally slap myself. This is no time for wondering about phone numbers! I throw my phone on the bed without hanging up. Ty instantly grabs it and holds it to his ear. I hear her ask Ty where I went.

"I think he's going to get Lili," He responds. He's absolutely correct.

Before I know it, Ty is following me. Then Lola and Sophia. Within minutes, Lauren accompanies us. They keep telling me that if I go in, I'll never come out. It seems like it's the millionth time they've told me this. I pick up the pace to the forest until I'm on the edge of it.

"Mitch! If you go into the forest, you might not come out... Ever! It's dangerous! You told us yourself!" Sophia calls out from a few yards behind me. I spin around to face them. All their faces have obvious signs of worry, not just for Lili, but for me.

"What if the rumors are wrong? What if it's just a hoax made up so students won't go into the woods? Has it ever dawned on you that it might be possible to come back out? Even if the legends are true, I don't care! Lili's in there and we can't just leave her to die! What kind of people would we be if we did? I'm going in with or without you!" I shout at them.

They just stare at me in astonish. They aren't moving, so I turn around and walk into the forest. A hand lands on my shoulder and out of instincts, I jerk my arm up into the air.

"We're coming with you," Jason says. I look over my shoulder and see everyone else standing with him. I flash them a smile and turn back to look forward. And with that, I plundge into the unknown.