Chapter 17 - Fro Yo

Lola's POV

Ty pulls me all the way to campus - we laugh the whole time. We start walking towards the girls' dorm. "Are we getting smoothies?" I ask. He let's go of my hand and stands next to me.

"I would, but if you're near smoothies as much as I am, then you'd be sick of them, too," he smiles.

We keep walking past the dorm and down some stairs. Ty guides me to a frozen yogurt stand. The girl that works there looks like she'd rather work anywhere else.

"Chocolate please," Ty tells the girl. She nods and starts up the machine. Ty gestures for me to tell her what I want.

"Vanilla please," the girl nods once more and starts up another machine. She hands the fro yo to us.

"That'll be $6.28," she says with a loud smack of her gum. I hate when people do that. Ty gives her exact change so we don't have to be there for any longer than we need to be.

Once we have what we came for, we continue walking the way we were walking before. Ty tells me about his life, family and how he met the other guys. "So now, tell me about you," he smiles kindly.

"When I was 14, my parents took my younger brothers and me with them to France. We were there for a few years until my parents decided we should come back. I met Lili while in France and she introduced me to Sophia and I met Lauren in 9th grade," I tell him. Ty looks surprised.

"You lived in France? How'd to meet Lili there?" He asks with wide eyes.

"Our mom's were both called to do some big project for awhile. Lili had been there a few months before me, so she showed me around and then we became friends," he nods slowly, taking it all in.

"How'd you meet the others? And who are your brothers?" We got our frozen yogurt maybe a 20 minutes ago but we've been talking too much to pay attention to them.

"My brothers are twins; Alex and Caleb," I pause to finally eat some of my fro yo. "I met Sophia when Lili introduced us while on a little trip to England. We met Lauren in our first year of highschool. We all lived in Europe for awhile then our parents decided that we should go to America for our last few years in highschool. That's how we ended up here."

"So, can you speak French or any other language?"

"I can speak fluent French and some German."

Ty smirks. "Talk Frenchy to me."

I giggle at his little joke. "Okay," I pause to think about what to say. "Ce fut l'un des meilleurs jours jamais."

"What's that mean?" he asks. I smirk at him.

"Look it up when you get to your dorm," I check my phone - 9:41 pm. "This day has one by fast. I have to go now."

"I'll walk you to your dorm," Ty offers like gentleman. I smile and accept. We walk the 10 or so minutes it takes to get to my dorm from where we were. I look around and see everyone is already inside. Turning back to Ty, I say goodbye.

"Bye Ty," I smile.

"Bye Lola," he smiles, too. We just look at each for awhile. Until, he starts leaning in, I do, too. We kiss. Sparks.

I smile up at him. "Thanks for everything. Don't forget to translate what I said."

He nods and I walk inside the dorm.

Ty's POV

Ce fut l'un des meilleurs jours jamais.

It was one of the best days ever.