Chapter 31 - Hang On 'Til Then

Sarah's POV

Sophia and I instantly rush out the door, leaving Ty to struggle to catch up. He waves to Lola as he runs to follow us out of the dorm. "Where are we heading?" Ty calls when he finally reaches us.

"Um... It's a secluded farm house down a few miles or so," I reply and walk to the parking lot. "Oh... We have no means of transport."

"I've got a car," Ty shouts as he races to a midnight blue jeep. Sophia takes my hand and pulls me to Ty. I take shotgun and Sophia claims the back seat.

"I'm hoping that we find the guy," Sophia says as I hear the click of the seat belt. "But, he might be pretty mad for being caught."

"Might be?" I question. "Who wouldn't be upset with being caught and sent to prison?"

"Wasn't there that one guy that say on his porch and waited for the police?" Ty turns left onto a long street was one lone resident on the property. A man in his late 30s walks up to our car.

"What do y'all thinkin'? This is tesspassin'," he spits a was of tobacco on the pavement. Gross!

"I'm sorry to disturb you. Do you happen to know a Mrs. Wilder?" I ask through the open window. The man stares right into my very soul.

"What's the lass' first name?" He inquires. I look at him weirdly. He must know something, right? This is too suspicious.

"Elisa," I inform him. He stares intently, then slowly shakes his head.

"That one young darlin' that was slain by her own husband?" The three of us nod. "No, I'm dearly sorry. I've only come to know a Clarissa Wilder," His tone is much softer than it was at the beginning.

Just as I'm about to state that he could have been lying, I get a call. A call from Mitch to be exact. "Hey Mitch," that's all I can say before his panicked voice fills the car.

"Lili.... Lola.... Murderer.... Found him.... Chasing me.... Attacked them.... Help...." he chokes out. His voice comes in like he's been running for minutes on end. I look up to Ty and he's already starting the car.

"We're coming. Hang up 'til then, k?" I inform him. I hear heavy breathing.

"Please," he then hangs up.

[A/N I'm so so so sorry that I haven't updated. I've been preoccupied with things and I've got terrible writer's block and I. Don't. Know. Why.]