Chapter 16 - Man Up

Ty's POV

After Mitch's kiss with Lili, he looks like he's on cloud nine; his cheeks are flushed and he smiles uncontrollably. Lili's arms unlink around him and she's rushing to Lola.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry!" She exclaims and hugs Lola. "That psychotic creep and the forest messed with my mind. Trust me, if I had been handed a knife, you wouldn't be the one I'd kill."

Lola laughs. "Thanks.. I guess. But, it's okay. I know it wasn't your fault."

Lili's starting to walk back over to Mitch, but she almost falls over. Oh god.

"Your arm," he murmurs and gently grabs Lili's left arm. A gash was created from the knife cutting her. I remember how she got that and bolt over.

"God! I'm so sorry!" I tell her. She waves her hand as if to say "it's fine". She calls this fine?

"You're bleeding too much..." Mitch murmurs. He scoops her up bridal-style. "I'm gonna bring her to the nurse," I nod and he rushes off. I hear him say, "If a boarding school nurse has enough stuff to fix this, I'd promote her," I hope she gets a promotion then.

I hear Sophia gasp. I spin around to see her on her phone. I thought she was getting stabbed or something. "What?" Lauren asks. Sophia tells who is ever on the phone that she'll be there in a minute.

"Senpai's here!" She shouts as she rushes off.

Jason and I have confused looks plastered on our faces. Lola enlightens us, "Sarah."

"Oh. Will she be back?" Jason asks. I look over to him and see that he's standing close to Lauren. I smirk at him and he glares back at me.

"Probably not for a while. A senpai and kōhai need some catching up time. It's been long distance since Sarah started getting ready for college," Lauren replies. I nod, but I still don't know what senpai and kōhai mean.

Jason sparks up a conversation with Lauren. I take this as a cue to talk to Lola. "Hey, would I be right to assume that you like me?"

She looks up happily at me. "That's right."

"Then, you wouldn't mind going on a date with me?" I smirk. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jason smirking at me too.

"Sure, when?" Lola smiles at me. This was easier than I thought it would be.

"How 'bout...now?" I ask. She looks confused at first, then I grab her hand and rush off towards campus. I see that Jason looks shocked because I left him alone with Lauren.

"Man up, buddy!" I shout to him as Lola and I go to campus.