Chapter 26 - Coffee

Lauren's POV

After history with Ms. Ollie, I had PE with Mrs. Harper. Why must there be so many different teachers for each subject? I just finished Dr. Bishop's math class. He insisted we call him Doc or Doctor. I don't think he even has a doctorate, but instead just loves Doctor Who. He makes references to that show like no tomorrow. It got annoying in the first fifteen minutes of class and it's an hour and a half long class.

"Lunch! Finally!" Jason shouts from beside me. We both had Dr. Bishop last period. I giggle and we head to the table we all agreed to meet at. Lili, Mitch and Ty were already there.

"Hai!" Lili called. Jason and I say down across from them.

"Do any of you have Dr. Bishop for math?" I ask. Ty nods.

"I have him last period," he sips from his cup of soda.

"You're in for a surprise," Jason smirks. "And an annoying surprise at that."

"What do you me-" Ty's cut off by Lola sitting down next to him. Followed by Sarah and Sophia next to Jason and I.

"Friends!" Mitch throws his hands in the air. Lili giggles and sips her caramel latte.

"Where'd you get the coffee?" Lola asks. She looks at the hot drink with wide eyes. It's been awhile since Lola got a cup if coffee.

"There's a coffee stand down that way a block or so," Lili points the way towards the main enterance. I sit up.

"I don't know about you, but I need a coffee," Jason stands up. I grab his arm.

"Get me an iced tea, please," I dig in my pocket for a few dollars and hand them to him.

"No, I'll pay for it," he smiles at me. I nod slowly and put the money back in my pocket. Lola stands up.

"I'm gonna go too," she steps out from her seat and looks at everyone. "Anybody else want anything?" We all shake our head and off they go.

"What do you guys have next?" Sarah asks. I pull out my paper and look it over. I still don't have it memorized.

"I've got Ms. Wu's LA class and Mrs. French's science class," I read off. Sophia also has her paper in her hand.

"Ms. Penn and her LA class then history with Ms. Ollie," she folds the paper up and puts it away. Lili says hers from memory. She has Mr. Keller's history class and Mr. Dean's challenge LA class. When she mentions Mr. Dean, Mitch pulls her close.

"I've got him too!" He cheers. "But I don't have Mr. Keller, I got math with Mrs. Thomas."

Sarah tells us that she has Mrs. Delarosa for science then Ms. Ash's language arts class. Sophia's next two classes are language arts and history with Ms. Penn then Ms. Ollie.

"I've got PE with Mss Striker then history with Mrs. Franklin," Lola's voice informs us from behind. She sits down next to Ty again, drinking what I can only assume is a mocha frappuccino. Jason holds two cups. He hands me my ice tea and sits down. He only got black coffee. I can't stand such bland coffee.

"What's this?" I wonder to myself when I see something written on my cup.

Lauren, will you do the honor of becoming my girlfriend? -Jason

I look over to him and he smiles widely. "Will you?" I see Sarah and Lili look up at us. They smirk to each other. I bet they're thinking about could be on the cup.

"Definitely," I murmur loudly enough for him to hear. I hug him and he kisses the top of my head. I hear Lola 'awwww'. Ty and Mitch throw their hands in the air.

"Little Jason manned up once again!" Ty shouts. Laughter follows that. I can't believe I'm officially dating Jason.