Chapter 22 - Medium

Lili's POV

I wake up at 9 am. I groan when I remember classes start tomorrow. I sleepily stumble out of bed to get ready. My outfit consists of a black skirt, a white shirt a size to big for me, my hipster glasses and brown boots. I quickly straighten my hair. I grab my toothbrush and toothpaste to go brush my teeth in the bathroom down the hall. When I come back, Lauren is getting ready to go take a shower.

"Hai!" I call as I step in the room. She looks up from the drawer.

"Oh hey," she offers a small wave.

"Did you hear what happened to Hailey?" I ask. Lauren shakes her head, eye wide with curiosity.

"Riley changed her shampoo out with colored glue. Check your bottles before you put them in your hair," I warn. Lauren laughs and nods. Then she leaves to go take a shower.

I walk over to my bed and grab my phone from the top bunk. As I do this, I notice the window. I walk over to it and a note rests on the table under the window. I pick it up. It reads 'Find Her' with an arrow above it. I smile a bit; Lola told me that she found this after I disappeared. I put it back down and I see Sarah sit up.

"Hai Sarah," I call. She smiles and says hi back. She the gets dressed and gets ready. Not soon after, Lola wakes up, then Sophia. We're all just talking when Lauren comes back. We greet her and she fixes her hair.

"I'll be back soon, I'm gonna go do something," the girls look curiously at me. Lola shrugs. The light glistens off of her glasses.

"Okay, stay safe," I nod.

"I will."

I exit the room and head off towards Room 666. I wouldn't dare go in this time. Instead, I just stare at it. I want answers about it. As if on cue, a tap on my shoulder forces me to spin around.

"Yes?" I ask. A woman in her late twenties stands in front of me. Her curly black hair frames her pale face.

"Are you interested in this room?" She asks mysteriously. I nod slowly.

"Yeah... Why?" I step aside to let her move closer to the room. She turns around to face me again.

"I have insight about this room. I'd be happy to help with any of this," she has an accent. She is pretty much the definition of a medium.

"Thank you. I'll tell my friends this and we can decide if we want further examination," I smile and wave as I head back to the room.

I take my key from my pocket and unlock the door. I walk in and the guys are in there. "Hey! Where were you?" Mitch asks.

"I went back to inspect Room 666," I pause for the expected gasps then continue, "I wouldn't dream of going inside, but outside, I met a medium and she told me that she could help us with the room."

"What does she mean by help?" Jason asks. I shrug.

"I told her I'd tell you guys before making decisions," I go over to where Mitch is sitting on the couch and sit next to him.

"I say we do it," Lola is the first to speak. I gape at her.

"Yeah. I wanna know what happened there," Jason agrees. My heart beats just a little faster than before.

"Why not?" Sophia gives in and agrees.

"We'll just have to be more careful," Ty informs us. Everyone nods except for me. Why would I wanna go back? My life did a 180 last time I went there. Not to mention the curse. Mitch senses my uneasiness and puts an arm around me.

"It'll be okay," he whispers to me.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"I just do," he assures me.

Why didn't I just let it go? They didn't have to know about the offer. I didn't have to tell them. But I did and now we're going back to Room 666.